Details: Competitive salaries, benefits, and professional development opportunities are available.
District of Columbia
Preschool Lead Teacher
The Lead Teacher is responsible for leading this vibrant teaching team to provide students (32 to 48 months old) with a safe and healthy learning environment, advance their physical and intellectual growth, support social and emotional development, and provide positive guidance and discipline under the Creative Curriculum and the Friendship Children's Center's mission.
The lead teacher will be responsible for the lesson planning, supervising the duties of the assistants in the room, ensuring licensing and school policies and procedures are being followed; and overseeing all aspects of child care for the children in the junior preschool classroom.
- Assumes responsibility for implementing the daily lesson plans, classroom management, and providing direction and guidance in this play based learning environment.
- Provides full supervision of children and maintains ratios at all times.
- Keeps attendance records.
- Supports and understands the vision, mission and values of the Friendship Children's Center.
- Maintains a safe, clean and healthy environment.
- Follows company and state licensing standards.
- Stays current with early child development through professional development.
- Posses the ability to communicate well with parents, co-workers and children.
- Create reports to summarize information about children’s growth and development and share with families during informal meetings and scheduled parent conferences.
- Embrace the mission, philosophy and core values of the school and strive to demonstrate them in daily practice.
- Other duties as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
Additionally, teachers are expected to be reliable, responsible, energetic and compassionate.
- Preferred Four-Year Degree in Early Childhood or a related field
- Minimum two years prior experience managing staff and working with preschool aged children
- Successful completion of Criminal Background Check
- Prior experience or familiarity with the Creative Curriculum
- CPR/First Aid Certification a plus
- Compliance with all state education and licensing standards, required
- Candidate must be mature, dependable, energetic, and enjoy working with children.
Regularly required standing, walking, and sitting; frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear; must be able to lift objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
This is a full time, salaried position. You'll enjoy great benefits and a wonderfully cooperative, positive work environment. Benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Employment Assistance Program Services, Performance Based Bonuses, and Teacher Recognition.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with your experience. Friendship Children's Center employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 401K matching, commuter benefits, and tuition reimbursement.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Email your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email. Visit our website at www.friendshipchildren.org for additional information about our organization or to apply online.