600 South Lafayette Park Place
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Senior Accounting Manager provides support to the accounting department on several functions pertaining to the Charter Schools fiscal operations and reporting. The Senior Accounting Manager assists in all accounting and financial reporting activities of the organization, and its affiliated network of charter schools, to ensure that financial information managed and disseminated by the unit is accurate and in compliance with accounting principles and organizational standards.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain payroll registers, payroll check registers, employee payroll information, and other original documentation in an orderly and accurate manner. Calculate employee wages, salaries, hours worked, overtime pay, and determine withholdings, deductions, and net pay.
- Prepare and submit payroll reports and forms including those required by IRS, STRS, and Workers Comp. Prepare and reconcile quarterly and year-end IRS and State Reports to include Form 941.
- Prepare daily, monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations, including monthly bank reconciliations
- Manage intercompany billings and entries
- Manage grant/revenue accounting for all BSS Schools by recording journal entries and prepare financial statements for all restricted grants. In addition to monitoring grants, collaborating with development, processing cash receipts, and reviewing accounts receivable.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting; develop reliable cash flow projection processes and reporting mechanisms; oversee the issuance of all checks, drafts, and warrants and ensure the receipt and deposit of all moneys accruing to the Schools.
- Manage and prepare monthly forecast worksheets.
- Oversee financial audit and tax reporting
- Assist in the management of the operations of personnel associated with the Finance & Accounting Department; direct and participate in the formulation and implementation of finance policies, ensuring adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, the rules and regulations of the State Board of Education, and other State and Federal laws.
- Assist in ensuring the Schools’ adherence to all fiscal policies and procedures.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets.
- Attend seminars, conferences, workshops, etc., as appropriate, to enhance and maintain knowledge of trends and developments in the field of accounting and auditing; review professional journals and other relevant publications and otherwise maintain professional growth and development.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum three years experience in senior accountant position for a nonprofit/education industry and knowledge of fund accounting and the laws, rules, procedures, and programs specifically related to the business operation of charter schools is a plus
- Detail oriented with exceptionally strong follow-up and follow-through skills, with a focus on results
- Ability to manage the ambiguity and multiple priorities inherent in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong organization and planning skills, with an ability to set up systems and processes to streamline accounting and finance functions
- Ability to explain complex financial matters in a simple way and an ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders
- Professionalism, maturity, and an understanding of how to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strong work ethic coupled with an enthusiastic and passionate approach to one’s work
- Commitment to the belief that all students can learn and to the mission of educational equity
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and build relationships across teams
- Proactive problem solver who demonstrates initiative
Bright Star Education Group provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications, and the ability to perform a job without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, legally protected medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or on any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws . It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
This position is open for an immediate start date. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Employee benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, voluntary benefits, participation in 403b plan, and a paid time-off package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
REQUIRED: Please upload your resume in order to complete your application. Please attach the document to the supporting documents section. If you have any problems uploading your resume, please e-mail email@example.com with a copy of your resume after you have completed the rest of your application