Full Time Temporary
Civic Nation Seeks Digital Director for the #VoteTogether Initiative
About Civic Nation
Civic Nation is a non-profit organization that uses organizing, engagement and public awareness to address some of our nation’s most pressing challenges. We work with public and private partners to build tools and campaigns that turn great ideas into action.
Civic Nation houses a growing number of large-scale public awareness and organizing initiatives. Current initiatives include: It’s On Us, The United State of Women, College Promise Campaign, Reach Higher, Better Make Room, Up Next, Undivided, All In Campus Democracy Challenge, and #VoteTogether.
#VoteTogether is a national initiative that is bringing the fun back to voting. We collaborate with local nonprofits to organize community celebrations near polling locations during early vote and on Election Day as a way to engage community members and increase voter participation.
We are partnered with pioneering researcher and Columbia University political science professor, Donald P. Green, who has analyzed our 2016 effort and found a 4% improvement on participation when communities come together to create simple, fun, events on Election Day or early vote days.
We are significantly expanding the project for 2018. This is a nation-wide effort that will support #VoteTogether events in communities across the country by hosting thousands of poll parties. In those communities, we partner with local organizational leaders to host the parties. #VoteTogether combines a data driven program with support for local organizations.
The Digital Director will support the #VoteTogether team in executing the 2018 campaign plan. This includes hundreds of celebrations, dozens of local partners, a robust digital program and a significant research agenda. The #VoteTogether Digital Director will manage reporting tools through which hundreds of local partners will provide updates on their progress towards executing their events. The Digital Director will update and analyze our campaign dashboard, enabling the team to understand how to direct resources and assistance and ensure the events are successful. The Digital Director will also manage the #VoteTogether website and social
media presence, including creating and curating engaging mission-related content, and be willing to share tips and best practices with our local partners.
Applicants should have:
- A strong belief in and understanding of the importance of non-partisan voting efforts.
- For this campaign to be successful, it must remain a strictly non-partisan effort with no place or role for partisan politics of any kind.
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience working on digital programs and proficiency working with CRMs and/or campaign management systems.
- Strong process and logistical skills: to reach the goals of #VoteTogether for 2018 and beyond we have to be able to scale with strong systems. The ideal candidate loves spreadsheets, reporting documents, databases, schedules, and communications systems that can streamline and simplify our work so that our partners can focus on the fun parts.
- A fun and positive attitude! This project is about joy, simple pleasures, and togetherness, so we’re looking for someone who reflects that in their personality.
- We strive that all our staff and local partners have excellent and fun experiences (including you!). The right candidate for this role will be able to drive hard towards our big goals in a way that is inspiring, fun, and makes state leads and local partners want to get and stay involved.
- The position will end following the November 2018 election. The position can be based in Washington, DC, New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: #VoteTogether Digital Director.
Civic Nation is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Civic Nation is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Civic Nation will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.