2200 Halethorpe Farms Road
Overall purpose of the position: This employee will be a vital member of the External Affairs/Philanthropy department, responsible for refining MFB’s overall event strategy to ensure that all activities have a high ROI and are exceeding friend- or fundraising goals. This person will be the lead event planner for critical organization events.
· Plan and execute excellent fundraising events, including a 40th Anniversary Gala (fall 2019), an annual corporate-team event to pack holiday meals.
o Manage vendors and consultants, including vendor contracts
o Manage planning timeline, working across departments to make decisions and meet project milestones
· Directly solicit corporate sponsor prospects
o Manage sponsorship solicitation process for entire fundraising team
o Track sponsor solicitation progress using Raiser’s Edge
· Support MFB’s community-hosted fundraising program (e.g., community-driven events such as concerts or other fundraisers, and food drives)
o Develop strategies to increase awareness and interest in fundraising opportunities
o Answer questions and offer support to community fundraisers
o Manage logistics for large annual community food drives (e.g., by the Ravens and Orioles)
· Provide administrative support to other smaller events or campaigns as needed, including annual restaurant-based fundraising campaign (e.g., Dine Out 2 Help Out)
Experience & Qualifications:
· Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Maryland Food Bank
· Minimum 3-5 years of demonstrated success creating and implementing successful nonprofit fundraising events
· Excellent project management skills, including planning and tracking detailed event timelines
· Demonstrated success in soliciting corporate sponsors and meeting event revenue goals
· Willing to take an entrepreneurial approach to a task, using creativity, energy, and experimentation to accomplish ambitious goals
· Excellent written communication skills
· Commitment to working in a collaborative team environment, yet able to remain self-motivated and self-directed
· Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
· High-level proficiency in use of standard information technologies including Excel and fundraising databases (Raiser’s Edge preferred)
· Bachelor’s degree required
The employee will carry out the job duties from a professional office environment with little fluctuation in temperatures and low noise. The employee is required to travel to remote locations in their role for MFB and will experience fluctuating noise and temperatures during this travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it.
When applying, include cover letter with resume.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!
Outstanding benefits package, including generous PTO and employer contribution to 403(b).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Include cover letter with resume.