Job Status: Full-time
Job location: Remote
Reports to: Communications Manager
MedGlobal is a humanitarian non-governmental organization working to save lives and serve vulnerable communities around the world by providing healthcare and building resilience. Our health services support refugees, displaced persons, and other marginalized communities in crisis-affected and low-resource settings.
CODE OF CONDUCT
The MedGlobal Code of Conduct reflects our core set of beliefs and values of care, respect, trust, and integrity. These beliefs and values are fundamental to MedGlobal employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, officers, coordinators, and directors to guide their practice and conduct. The Code is organized into categories, as follows:
- Always act with fairness, honesty, integrity, and openness; respect the opinions of others and treat all with equality and dignity without regard to gender, race, colour, creed, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, disability, age, or sexual orientation.
- Provide a positive and valued experience for those receiving service within and outside MedGlobal.
The Communications Officer is a leading member of the Communications Department, responsible for communicating our programs, policy priorities, and humanitarian and health impact to a wide variety of audiences via our website, social media, email listserv, and more. The Communications Officer is responsible for implementing a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy, including through digital marketing, social media, the production of multimedia products, media engagement, partner outreach, and more. The Communications Officer will play a critical role in our small but growing NGO, and have the opportunity to further build and develop their skills to continue to grow with the organization. This is a remote position.
- Work with the Communications Manager to create, implement, and evaluate a biannual communications strategy and workplan.
- Draft, produce, and design a variety of organizational content and materials, including blog posts, briefings, fact sheets, presentation materials, organizational statements, op-eds, and our annual report.
- Manage the organization’s communications assets, including photo & video repository, success stories and testimonies, communications assets, style guide, and digital files.
- Partner with designers, contractors, and vendors to ensure timely production of high-quality communications materials.
- Support online fundraising campaigns on a regular basis, with a particular focus on special occasions and year-end campaigns.
- Prepare for and assist with webinars, Facebook Lives, Instagram Lives, and other public facing online events.
- Proactively monitor and track digital media trends and provide recommendations that seek to improve MedGlobal’s social and digital media strategies.
- Stay up to date on thematic public health issues and the humanitarian situations facing MedGlobal’s countries of operations.
Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Alongside the Communications Manager, manage MedGlobal’s social media platforms and posting schedule, including paid and organic campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and others.
- Increase MedGlobal’s online presence and reach through drafting and curating creative, high-quality, and high-impact content tailored for various platforms and audiences.
- Create and format regular email newsletters, updates, and action alerts using MailChimp.
- Implement strategies designed to grow MedGlobal’s email mailing list.
Design & Content Creation
- Proactively direct our country teams in the video and content collection process, and request video footage as necessary.
- Design, edit, and produce communications and marketing materials including graphics, infographics, blog posts, briefings, videos, and brochures for use in multiple promotional channels.
- Create consistent templates/ assets in line with the MedGlobal Style & Brand Guide.
- Work collaboratively with other staff to highlight health programs and initiatives, and keep website content updated on a regular basis.
- Design and place digital and social media ads.
Outreach and Media Relations
- Communicate with country teams and humanitarian partners to collect content and updates.
- Provide administrative and outreach support for special events and report production, including data management, mailings, marketing, and other communication initiatives.
- Provide training and guidance in communications best practices to other MedGlobal staff, country teams, and partners as needed.
- Assist in media relations, including building our media list, communicating with journalists, and helping to pitch and secure media opportunities.
- Draft and edit press releases, op-eds, and other materials.
- Manage media monitoring, including developing and implementing metrics to identify trends and evaluate projects, and producing reports as needed.
- Track website, Ads, and campaign metrics and analytics each month, including through Google Analytics.
- Evaluate social media performance through assessing monthly analytics, and proactively suggest changes to the overall communications strategy based on data.
- Review MailChimp metrics and provide suggestions for optimizing and segmenting audiences and email campaigns.
- Optimize MailChimp lists and ensure they are integrated with other databases.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desired in communications, international relations, public health, or related fields.
- At least 1-2 years of experience working in communications at a nonprofits or related organization desired, including drafting content for websites, blogs, reports, social media, or other communication channels.
- Experience managing social media platforms professionally, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Experience in design and digital marketing platforms, including Adobe, Wordpress, Canva, Slack, and/ or MailChimp, desired.
- Experience in video editing is a plus.
- Proficiency in Arabic or Spanish desired.
- An understanding of humanitarian issues and passion for global health.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to write in a clear and compelling style.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure juggling multiple tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail essential.
- Self-motivated, accountable to goals and willing to learn new techniques, ideas, and skills.