The Community Clinic Association of Los Angeles County (CCALAC) is a non-profit membership organization that provides a wide variety of essential services to LA’s community clinics and health centers (clinics). Founded in 1994, CCALAC’s mission is to, “promote community clinics and health centers as providers and advocates for expanding access to quality comprehensive health care for medically underserved people in Los Angeles County.”
CCALAC’s 65 member organizations serve over 1.4 million patients each year, regardless of ability to pay. These organizations include private, non-profit, 330-designated federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), FQHC Look-Alikes, free and community clinics.
Reporting to the Workforce Manager, the Workforce Retention Coordinator helps oversee the implementation and operations of CCALAC’s Workforce programs, trainings, and initiatives to support member clinics with retention of staff and recruitment efforts. The Coordinator will have an emphasis on Retention and will assist in the development and implementation of various workforce projects to support clinic staff retention and mitigate burnout.
- Lead the development and implementation of workforce projects that will support clinic staff retention and mitigate burnout by providing cohort-style trainings and coaching to a group of member clinics.
- Conduct outreach and survey member clinics to understand their staff retention and burnout issues, and other workforce support needs.
- Develop recruitment and retention toolkits for member clinics that includes a variety of resources that can be implemented and measured by member clinics.
- Develop trainings on the implementation of retention and recruitment strategies such as, but not limited to: staff wellness programs, employee recognition programs, loan repayment and National Health Service Corps, stay interviews, and other retention and recruitment strategies.
- Provide coaching to member clinics to support the successful implementation of retention and recruitment strategies.
- Collaborate with the Workforce Manager to develop Workforce Summits and other workforce related events.
- Collaborate with the Workforce Manager and Training Center Manager to develop additional trainings and educational resources to increase staff retention at member clinics.
- Support workforce recruitment efforts including presentation, recruitment events, CCALAC Job Board and workforce newsletters.
- Lead the Human Resources Roundtable in partnership with the clinic member Co-Chairs and support the Workforce Roundtable.
- Collaborate with the Workforce Manager and Director of Member Services to develop and implement Workforce strategies and goals for the Association.
- Build partnerships with external organizations to strengthen workforce activities and attend external partner meetings and advisory boards.
- Collect and analyze data, track outcomes, maintain documentation, and prepare program reports. Submit regular program reports, as well as any quarterly performance measures as needed.
- Help strengthen member clinic engagement in workforce programs.
- Support the research and development of grants to support workforce projects.
- Assist as needed with other workforce programs such as AHEC Scholars, AmeriCorps and the Family Nurse Practitioner Residency.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university. An advanced degree in a related /field e.g., public health, health administration, business administration, is desirable.
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
- Must exhibit a passion for workforce development in the field of primary healthcare.
- Experience working in a community clinic and/or nonprofit healthcare, education, or workforce development setting.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time, interpersonal relationships, resources and information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; bilingual fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Experience in the development of correspondence, collateral material, newsletters, manuals, presentations, and publications is preferred.
- Familiarity with social media, blogs, and digital media (Vimeo/YouTube).
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Strong reading comprehension, oral and written skills required.
- Strong skills with Excel, & MS Office Suite required.
- Experience with Marketing Cloud, Exact Target and other marketing and social media tools strongly desired.