977 Fox Street
Classical Charter Schools is a National Blue Ribbon Award-winning network of charter schools located in the South Bronx. Though our neighborhoods are historically under-served, we provide a world-class, well-rounded education to our scholars through a classical curriculum that includes art, music, Latin, debate and character education.
The ClassiCorps Teaching Fellowship is our selective program for recent college graduates of all backgrounds with an interest in education or social justice. ClassiCorps teachers work for three years as fully-salaried teachers, simultaneously earning their Master’s in Teaching—paid for by Classical Charter School.
ClassiCorps teachers are full-time faculty members, and share our undying commitment to maximizing student achievement. Our teachers have a razor-sharp focus on the school’s mission and the drive to meet their key responsibilities:
- Leading all scholars to gap-closing educational gains. Scholars must achieve mastery and advanced mastery of grade-level Common Core State Standards to succeed through college.
- Establishing and maintaining a highly ordered classroom culture where scholars and staff demonstrate respect, responsibility, caring, trustworthiness, fairness, and citizenship.
ClassiCorps Teachers receive:
- Summer teaching preparation—observing, attending sessions, and leading instruction during Summer Learning Academy.
- Intensive coaching, including observations and debriefs with Instructional Coaches twice per week during all three years.
- A Masters’ in Teaching—paid for by Classical Charter Schools—completed during the first two years.
- Full salary and benefits, starting at $54,000 per year, and rising to $70,000 after their Master’s in Teaching is completed.
All while working to provide a world-class education for students in the South Bronx.
The ClassiCorps Teaching Fellowship begins in June of 2019, with some flexibility for June graduates. Successful ClassiCorps teachers are encouraged, but not required, to continue their work with Classical Charter Schools beyond the three-year commitment.
- Bachelor’s degree (Minimum GPA: 3.0)
- Alignment to Classical Charter School’s mission and approach
- Excellent work ethic and maturity
- A history of driving ambitious results
Affordable plans range from as little as $1 to $114
in monthly premiums for employee only coverage.
Classical Charter Schools offers low cost medical
insurance through the Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield.
At no extra cost to the employee, CCS offers our
employee’s beneficiaries a life policy that is two
times the employee’s annual salary. Life insurance is
provided through ADP TotalSource.
Classical Charter Schools covers 100% of the cost
for the dental insurance plan provided by Guardian
SHORT & LONG TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
Classical Charter Schools has partnered with AETNA
to offer short-term and long-term disability insurance
that covers 60% of the employee’s salary at no cost to
Classical Charter Schools offers Empire BCBS and
VSP that allows you to pick from two different vision
insurance options. CCS pays 100% of the cost for the
Empire BCBS plan and the VSP plan is only $7 per
month for employee only coverage.
Classical Charter Schools does a fully vested match of
4% on employee contributions that are 5% and more.
CCS has partnered with ADP Retirement services to
offer this retirement program to all employees.
Classical Charter Schools offers 8 personal days to
employees to use throughout the school calendar
year in addition to the paid breaks and holidays that
are offered throughout the year (see the school/
DOE calendar for these breaks and holidays). Any
paid vacation days are outlined in the employee
handbook. It is important to note that any vacation
or personal days will be prorated for contracts less
than one year.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org