Are you a skilled Executive Assistant who believes in lending your skills to end hunger? If so, consider being an Executive Assistant for the San Francisco Marin Food Bank.
The SF Marin Food Bank is comprised of a dedicated team of approximately 150 staff working collaboratively to provide close to 50 million pounds of food to over 210,000 people in the Bay Area – a region where 1 in 4 people are at risk of hunger. We are currently looking for an Executive Assistant to help support our VP of Development and the Development Department. See job description below and apply today if you would like to join us in our mission to end hunger.
To provide confidential executive administrative support to the Vice President of Development and other teams in the Development department of the SF-Marin Food Bank.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Executive Development Support
Using discretion and confidentiality, complete a wide variety of administrative tasks including the following:
- Schedule internal and external donor meetings and manage an active calendar of appointments.
- Produce proposals and materials for donor meetings and solicitations.
- Produce, coordinate and distribute materials, and set up AV for the Board Development Committee meetings, and as needed for standing department meetings.
- Coordinate meeting invitations, RSVPs, agendas, track attendance, and take minutes.
- Provide administrative support as needed for Board fundraising activities.
- Arrange travel plans and compile travel-related materials.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the VP’s schedule is followed and respected. Provide “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role.
- Communicate directly and on behalf of the VP with Board members, donors, staff and others.
- Research, prioritize and follow-up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the VP, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Serve as a sounding board and assist VP with the appropriate course of action, referral or response.
- Manage executive expenses and reporting.
- Proof drafts of correspondence and various communication documents, and compile feedback from various stakeholders on projects.
- Work closely and effectively with the VP to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and following-up appropriately.
- Prioritize conflicting needs and be flexible when priorities shift; handle matters expeditiously and proactively, and follow through on all projects in timely manner.
Ongoing Special Projects
- Complete development monthly expense reconciliations.
- Provide budget-related administrative support.
- Manage various team-specific research, information gathering and data tracking assignments.
- Create templates for department-wide retreats and projects such as workplan and budget templates.
- Enter donor information and correspondence in Raiser Edge and manage VP’s upcoming Raiser’s Edge actions and tasks.
- Maintain the department
network drive ensuring order and effective archiving.
- Coordinate with Facilities on stationery, printers and printing supplies.
- Coordinate with the IT Helpdesk for the VP and other Development staff members as needed
Department Wide Support
- Manage department subscriptions and memberships.
- Provide department-wide support as needed.
- Act as back-up to the Executive Assistant of the Executive Director as required.
- Cover lunch and rest breaks at the reception desk as requested.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Exemplify at all times professionalism and courtesey to all internal and external stakeholders of the Development department and the San Francisco- Marin Food Bank.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in MS office, spreadsheet programs, virtual meeting set-up, database management and internet research.
- Knowledge of non-profit operations.
- Previous administrative work experience; non-profit organization a plus.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive material and information with discretion and confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work and interact well with individuals (staff and volunteers) from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds in a culturally diverse environment.
- Demonstrated excellent writing skills. Ability to write a variety of materials to different audiences.
- Available to attend occasional evening meetings and events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Environment: Standard office
finger dexterity: Requires typing on standard computer.
TALKING: Ability to speak on phone and face to face.
HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Frequent and regular movements using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to view computer screens and documents.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Light work; requiring stooping and exerting less than 50 lbs. of force for filing.
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to interpret instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Fluency in English. Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing.
SALARY: Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience
BENEFITS: Medical, dental, life, long-term disability, and 403(b) retirement plan with employer base and matching contribution. Generous holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The San Francisco-Marin Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.