1030 15th Street NW, Suite 1100W
Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold, creative, always open to new ideas and 100% dedicated to our mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider becoming part of our team.
The Director, Donor and Volunteer Engagement and Experiences, will be responsible for overseeing and executing in person volunteer and engagement opportunities for Share Our Strength’s supporters. This role will be responsible for creation of new engagement and volunteer opportunities that enable supporters to help make No Kid Hungry possible in their local community. They will also be responsible for overseeing donor impact trips – day long or multi-day trips allowing funders to experience the community impact of child hunger and visit schools and community sites implementing programming making a difference. Finally they will support the delivery of a full suite of engagement programming for corporate partners, including restaurant partners.
- Lead development of volunteer and engagement strategy for individuals, to include creating a "signature No Kid Hungry volunteer activity" and/or similar engagement opportunities.
- Oversee strategic planning decisions and execution of 1-2 impact trips/events a month.
- Oversee development and usage of volunteer and engagement activations for corporate partners, including the creation of new activations.
- Lead internal working group to deepen coordination among teams and around engagement activities being developed for other groups of supporters such as youth engagement, celebrities, chefs, etc.
- Oversee the establishment of internal systems for tracking, vetting, and analyzing impact for all engagement activities and events.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree a plus.
- 8-10 years of experience in volunteer management; donor events, experiences, services, stewardship, or other similar experience.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work effectively with donors and local program partners.
- Experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders and building and maintaining strong relationships.
- Experience working with corporate partnerships and VIP funders preferred.
- Demonstrable successes working with local program partners preferred.
- Flexible, creative, comfortable with change, and skilled at advancing projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Project management skills highly preferred.
- Understanding of fundraising strategies and tactics.
- Certification in Volunteer Administration (CVA), a plus
Please apply with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. No Calls Please.
Minimum Education Required