Details: Salary range is commensurate with applicant’s track record, experience and education.
20 Burlington Mall Road
The Donor and Corporate Relations Director reports directly to the MDSC Executive Director and MDSC Development Director to build the long-term financial stability of the organization. Responsibilities include the solicitation of corporate sponsorships for events, solicitation of individual gifts, grant/proposal writing, and engaging community partners that will support MDSC’s programs and events to ensure the organization meets its financial goals.
Development, Events, and Donor Engagement
- Work with the Executive Director and Development Director to build and maintain strong, positive relationships with existing and prospective individual, corporate, foundation, and government funding sources.
- Work with Board of Directors and Business Advisory Council to support their outreach to prospective donors and corporate partners.
- Research and evaluate funding opportunities for potential sources of support to the organization.
- Support the Executive Director in expanding individual gifts by identifying new prospects, cultivating donors, and writing development communications to keep donors abreast of MDSC activities.
- Prepare high-quality proposals, grants, reports, online communications and web content to support ongoing fundraising & development activities.
- Engage and motivate volunteers to support development activities in the organization including cultivating lead individual fundraisers for our events.
- Secure sponsorships, in-kind donations for events including auction items, exhibitors, food and beverages, and give-a-ways for our events including our conferences.
- Respond to donor and prospect requests for information.
- Oversee community/third party fundraising events.
- Represent the MDSC at speaking engagements, house parties, and individual donor meetings.
- Cultivate and provide support to event participants (i.e. team captains, runners, and hockey players) to ensure they have the information they need to be successful in their fundraising endeavors.
Communications, Marketing and Public Relations
- Ensure that development related content is up-to-date on our MDSC website.
- Outreach to individuals interested in participating in MDSC special events.
- Regular and timely communication that includes phone calls and emails to donors and key relationships.
- Recruit MDSC members to serve on Committees
- Represent MDSC at community fundraising events and other meetings to engage and motivate new and existing donors.
Administration & Management Support
- Assist with development of best practices for gifts processing and donor record management.
- Track donor activities and enter into MDSC databases.
- Process gifts and send out acknowledgements.
- Respond to requests for information.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Other duties as required.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required