55 Exchange Place
CollegeSpring is hiring a Curriculum & Content Manager to advance and refine its existing curriculum materials on an ongoing basis and integrate new modalities of service delivery into its suite of services. This position will ensure alignment between all curriculum elements, including staff training and professional development. The role is responsible for integrating new services and content delivery modalities, such as blended learning, into CollegeSpring's current programming. The Curriculum & Content Manager will closely monitor trends in SAT and ACT program development, social-emotional learning, education technology and multicultural learning in order to best position CollegeSpring’s programming. The position reports to the Director of Curriculum & Training, is an integral part of the national Programs & Impact team, and works collaboratively with national and regional programs teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
● Oversee refinement and development of curriculum materials including Student Handbook, Mentor Handbook, Instructor Handbook, and ancillary materials.
○ In collaboration with other members of the Programs team, use data and conduct observations to identify key areas of improvement for CollegeSpring’s curriculum.
○ Refine existing and develop new student material, lesson plans, handouts, worksheets, and PowerPoint presentations to most effectively deliver CollegeSpring’s programming.
○ Integrate research-based best practices and instructional strategies into CollegeSpring’s curriculum to meet the needs of all teachers and students we serve.
○ Ensure all CollegeSpring curriculum materials are aligned with each other and CollegeSpring’s branding and approach to teaching and learning.
○ Monitor trends in K-12 education, college admissions and financial aid, and new SAT and ACT development and ensure CollegeSpring’s programs and materials are aligned with all.
● In alignment with CollegeSpring’s strategic plan, integrate new delivery modalities into CollegeSpring’s programming.
○ Stay current on options in educational technology and present the most promising products for review.
○ Incorporate technology and other solutions into program materials that enable CollegeSpring to better serve English Language Learners, students with learning disabilities, struggling students, advanced students, etc.
○ Provide recommendations based on trends, data and research to improve the content, layout and approach in CollegeSpring curriculum materials.
Curriculum Support & Training
● Oversee the development of content-related staff training materials to ensure alignment with curriculum.
○ Assist the Director of Curriculum & Training in refining training manuals and supplementary materials used by CollegeSpring’s Programs staff in delivery of instructor and mentor trainings.
○ In collaboration with the Programs team, integrate virtual options into trainings and use program, student and stakeholder data to inform the creation of training modules.
○ Develop and facilitate content-related staff trainings and professional development sessions for CollegeSpring’s Programs staff.
○ Create curriculum- and content-related implementation materials for programming.
● Identify, hire, and manage contract employees as needed.
● Others duties as needed.
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE IF YOU HAVE
● A strong commitment to CollegeSpring’s mission, vision, and strategic direction, including a strong belief in the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
● Belief that all students are capable of success on the SAT and ACT and gaining admission to college.
● Prefer Master’s degree in Education, Curriculum Design, Learning Design, or equivalent professional experience required.
● 2+ years of dedicated curriculum development experience required.
● Instructional experience required; 2+ years of full-time classroom teaching preferred.
● Experience with developing and/or delivering SAT/ACT preparation and college readiness curricula strongly preferred.
● Experience working in an educational environment serving low-income, first-generation college-bound students preferred.
● Effective multi-tasker who can oversee multiple projects and handle a dynamic work schedule.
● Ability to get the details right without losing sight of the bigger picture.
● Strong oral and written communication skills.
● Comfortable working in a flexible, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
● Strong project management skills (ex. setting objectives, web research and meeting project deadlines).
● Proficiency in MS Office Suite, familiarity with Adobe InDeisgn and ability to learn new applications.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
There may also be occasional evening and weekend work.
Physical requirements are those of a typical office environment. Occasional need to lift boxes of curriculum-related material.
Salary depends on experience. Position will be full-time, exempt and can be based at any of our CollegeSpring offices in either New York, Oakland or Los Angeles. Generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, disability, FSA, commuter, 403(b) retirement plan, and vacation/sick leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit resume and thoughtful cover letter to Andrea Vernitsky, Director of Curriculum & Training, through the CollegeSpring website at http://collegespring.org/join-our-team/. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications will only be considered if received through the CollegeSpring website. Please, no phone or email inquiries.
CollegeSpring is committed to equal employment opportunity, including decisions regarding employment, for all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation,
disability, special disabled veteran or Vietnam Era Veteran status or other protected status. CollegeSpring is also committed to creating a diverse, open workplace, and we encourage applicants who are members of one or more protected categories.