Details: This is a full-time, permanent position based in our New York City office.
55 Exchange Place, 5th Floor
New York City Office
Who We Are
The Hispanic Federation (HF) is the nation’s premier Latino nonprofit membership organization. Founded in 1990, HF supports Hispanic families and strengthen Latino institutions through work in the areas of education, health, immigration, civic engagement, economic empowerment, & the environment. Values that shape our work include equality, fairness, diversity and empathy.
Who We Seek
The Hispanic Federation seeks an organized, detail- and deadline-oriented individual to manage Raisers Edge, the donor management system used by the Development Department. This position is responsible for data structure; supervision; data retrieval; report customization and analysis; policies & procedures; security; and data entry quality control. The position reports to and works closely with the Vice President for Development.
The Development Department raises funds to support Hispanic Federation initiatives across multiple states and Washington DC and is currently launching a major capital campaign. Other department functions include donor relations and events; stewardship; individual, foundation and corporate fundraising; publications; online and direct mail outreach; and assistance to the President’s office and other departments. The Database Administrator has a systems role in all of these areas. All Development team members work collaboratively to ensure Federation’s success.
The Database Manager plays a key role in supporting Executive and Development staff responsible for the annual fund; the annual gala; major gifts; events; institutional giving; publications and stewardship. In addition, the Database Manager is responsible for the processing of contributions, acknowledgements, payments and purchase orders, and is the point of contact for the reconciliation of all contributions and expenses with Finance. The Database Manager will also provide tactical solutions for implementation of tasks related to the database.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
· Maintain the overall quality and integrity of the Raisers Edge database, including working with Raisers Edge support staff to troubleshoot problems with the database and staying current with updates to the system;
· Maintain highly accurate and current donor data that effectively tracks key information, cultivation activities and histories, and solicitation and reporting calendars;
· Work with the VP for Development to establish and maintain best practices and procedures;
· Prepare monthly and quarterly revenue reports; weekly report recaps and prepare reports for the Development Committee and Board of Trustees;
· Reconcile gifts with the Finance Department;
· Support the Finance Department with the annual audit;
· Respond to requests from other Development and executive staff for updates to the database and fundraising reports;
· Create and generate various financial and dashboard reports for the department, as well as other staff;
· Generate various mailing lists for the development department and other staff;
· Generate timely acknowledgement letters (within 48 hours of receipt of gift);
· Establish and codify database best practices;
· Work effectively as a member of multiple project teams
· Must abide by a strict code of confidentiality
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Organized, and detail-and-deadline oriented individual
· Experienced in establishing and institutionalizing donor database best practices
· Knowledge of and ability to create fundraising reports
· A self-starter with the ability to take initiative, work independently and be accountable
· Ability to learn new skills, techniques, and ways to accomplish projects and goals
· Mastery of Microsoft Excel
· Five or more years of experience with Raiser’s Edge; experience with Raisers Edge set up/transition a plus
· Outstanding writing and editing experience in English
· Highly detail-oriented and team-oriented
· A demonstrated commitment to the Latino community is necessary
This is a full-time, permanent position based in our New York City office. Starting salary is commensurate with experience; benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and matching 403 (B) retirement plan.
Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and matching 403 (B) retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required