1 Ford Place
The Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for engaging candidates, building relationships, analyzing performance and strategy implementation, and supporting the regional recruitment team’s goal of building a pipeline of 18 to 25 year olds for service in schools. As an engaging communicator and relationship builder, the Recruitment Coordinator will manage a small portfolio of partner accounts, implement a customer service strategy for Midwest Region leads, foster connections between leads and recruiters, and generate applications for the Midwest Region and the City Year network.
- Customer-focused Lead Management and Application Generation – Implement standard lead engagement strategy through targeted, customer-focused, and multi-channel communication that ensures leads are well informed about City Year and the AmeriCorps Member experience. Engage and support qualified and high priority prospects from lead stage through application submission.
- Manage, Grow, and Develop Partnerships – Develop and implement a plan to build strong relationships with key stakeholders across a portfolio of partner accounts that produces a consistent and qualified pool of leads, applicants, and confirmed AmeriCorps Members. Develop and manage portfolio accounts and key strategic relationships with the goal of expanding the reach of the regional recruitment team.
- Recruitment and Marketing Events and Activities – Raise awareness, familiarity, and understanding of City Year at local campuses and organizations in support of recruitment team, and drive traffic to relevant City Year recruitment events. Manage and strengthen City Year brand virtually by maintaining an active presence on social media to support organizational and team recruitment and marketing efforts.
- Performance Analysis and Strategy – In conjunction with team leadership, develop engagement strategies through use of historical data. Regularly compare activities to lead and applicant conversion rates, and assess return on investment on all engagement activities. In conjunction with Regional Admissions team, use established AmeriCorps Member profile and persistence rates to identify trends in successful candidates. Use real-time data to report on progress and course correct engagement and recruitment activities as necessary.
- Centralize Regional Recruitment Resources – Develop regional templates, collateral and messaging used to engage leads and partners in collaboration with the Midwest Regional Recruitment team and Marketing Department.
- Regional Recruitment Team Participation and Support – Contribute to weekly regional and recruitment team calls to maintain connections and foster collaboration, and participate in regional and departmental events. Uphold expectations of Service Level Agreement between City Year Recruitment and Admissions Department and City Year Detroit.
- Strong written communication skills for internal and external audiences.
- At least one year of experience managing relationships with stakeholders, preferably at organizations such as colleges, high schools, and community-based organizations.
- Highly energetic, charismatic approach to engaging diverse groups, particularly young adults.
- Deliver strong and inspirational messages to large groups.
- Calendar management, event planning, and logistics experience.
- Experience working in a team environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, finding both short term and long term solutions.
- Exhibit a passion for City Year’s mission and values.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- City Year or AmeriCorps Alum
- Recruitment or service experience.
- Sales, customer service, or human relations experience.
- Volunteer, corporate, or academic recruitment experience.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page in the application. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.