5 West 63rd Street
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The YMCA is seeking an Accounts Payable Analyst who will support the Treasury Services Manager and be responsible for supporting all aspects of the accounts payable processes, including ensuring all vendors are paid in a timely and accurate matter. The incumbent will also provide the Association Office and branches support in resolving payment issues.
- Handles full-cycle invoice processing, vendor statement reconciliations and AP monthly closing procedures.
- Enter invoices and match to corresponding purchase order timely and accurately ensuring appropriate documentation and approval.
- Audit and process for payment Petty Cash and Employee Expense Reimbursements for compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Requires strong analytical skills, high attention to detail and accuracy to resolve vendor payment issues.
- The ability to generate and analyze various AP reports such as Invoice on Hold, Open Purchase Orders and Vendor Payment History.
- Assist in preparation and processing of Check, ACH and Wire payments.
- Maintains Vendor Search criteria for Business Analytics platform.
- Responsible for daily AO bank deposits.
- Assist in generating IRS 1099 forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of two years of experience in Accounts Payable or related field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (especially Microsoft Excel and Word), Oracle, Business Analytics applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please send your cover letter and resume with subject line “Accounts Payable Analyst” to email@example.com or to:
YMCA of Greater New York
Attn.: Human Resources
5 West 63rd Street – 6th Floor
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD.