Details: Commensurate with experience.
59 Mill Street
Oasis - A Haven for Women and Children seeks a Grant Writer to join our Development team. Through the exercise of independent judgment the Grant Writer is responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing all grants while initiating and building relationships with prospective Foundation and Corporate donors.
1. Research grant opportunities consistent with Oasis mission.
2. Maintain working calendar of grant application deadlines.
3. Prepare all Corporate and Foundation grant applications.
4. Prepare monthly reporting of grant submission and awards received.
5. Maintain relationship with existing corporate, foundation, and government donors.
6. Prepare and maintain all grant reporting requirements, including financial reporting on grants.
7. Manage and track all corporate, foundation, and government grant giving.
8. Assist Development Department with special events and as needed.
9. Manage and administer all government grant reporting.
10. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT:
1. Actively participates in enhancing client satisfaction.
2. Participates in projects, committees, activities and continuing education to maintain and advance professional competency.
1. Utilizes sound judgment in critical thinking and problem solving and is able to make appropriate decisions based on available data. Able to provide rationale for decisions, in both written and verbal communications.
2. Informs appropriate persons of unusual or difficult client care problems.
3. Utilizes appropriate reference materials (i.e. policy and procedure manual, reference books) to respond to unfamiliar situations.
1. Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
2. Observes common rules of courtesy and discretion.
3. Always respects client confidentiality by releasing information to only those individuals who are authorized and need to know.
4. Regularly attends and participates in staff meetings.
CARE FOR ENVIRONMENT:
1. Assures a clean, safe, adequately supplied work area.
2. Properly disposes of waste materials in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
3. Immediately reports unsafe conditions to appropriate personnel.
1. Cooperates and works well with management, other program staff members and all personnel in working toward program goals and objectives.
2. Contributes to harmonious working relationships by dealing with conflicts in a constructive manner. Able to deal with a variety of people and personalities
3. Cooperates with reassignments in the interest of client care and program needs.
4. Works beyond the scheduled shift to complete work in an emergency situation.
1. Adheres to all program policies and procedures.
2. Adheres to all applicable personnel policies, including attendance and provides proper notification for absences, tardiness and vacation requests, and dress code.
3. Respects length of time for lunch and breaks. Provides for area coverage when necessary.
1. Preferably a Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or experience equivalent.
2. Two or more years’ experience in developing, implementing and securing grants.
3. Demonstrated ability to achieve goals through coordination of many individuals and activities.
4. Excellent organizational skills and an ability to organize information for easy access to a wide variety of individuals.
5. Ability to multi-task.
6. Excellent communications and time management skills.
7. Basic working knowledge of computers and Microsoft office applications.
8. Experience with Raisers Edge a plus.
Required of all employees:
- Must be able to work legally in the United States.
- Must have no record of child abuse/neglect.
- Fingerprinting required (Oasis will direct new hire to proper agency for fingerprinting).
- Must complete CARI form (Oasis will provide form and submit to proper agency).
Minimum Education Required