Reports To: Odisha State Lead
ABOUT MALARIA NO MORE
Malaria No More (MNM) is an international non-profit organization established in December 2006, which envisions a world where no one dies from a mosquito bite. More than a decade into our mission, our work has contributed to historic progress toward this goal. Now, we’re mobilizing the political commitment, funding, and innovation required to achieve what would be one of the greatest humanitarian accomplishments – ending malaria within our generation.
Since our inception – at the White House event that launched the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative in 2006 – MNM has been mobilizing the political commitment, funding and innovation that has contributed to the world turning the tide against malaria.
Today, MNM continues to influence national and global leaders and agendas, secure new funding, and galvanize action on malaria. We work with existing partners and inspire new ones to join the campaign to end malaria, and we identify, adapt and invent ways to advance global progress against this preventable, yet deadly and debilitating disease. It is with this commitment and ambition that we are working to make malaria no more.
Malaria No More has offices in New York City, Seattle, Washington D.C., Cameroon, and Kenya, with affiliates in the UK and Japan. Most recently MNM established a presence in India to support and contribute towards India’s goal of eliminating malaria by 2030
ABOUT THE POSITION
Malaria No More is seeking an Odisha Technical Advisor to provide technical guidance to support MNM’s MOU with the state government to achieve malaria elimination across the entire state. Based in Bhubaneswar, the Advisor will report to MNM’s Odisha State Lead and work collaboratively with MNM’s India Technical Lead based in New Delhi.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide expertise on the technical aspects of the state level malaria programs.
- Work with the India Technical Lead and the India Senior Advisor for the development of state level operational plans for malaria elimination.
- Analyze policies as well as current strategies and support the development of strategic plans, knowledge briefs, alternative/ shadow reports, etc.
- Support and guide the Technical Working Group of the Malaria Action Coalition on situation analysis, data analysis as well as other technical aspects of malaria programme.
- Conduct monitoring field visits to review progress towards malaria elimination in key districts prioritized by the state NVBDCP.
- Collate and support the analysis of state malaria epidemiological and logistics data.
- Monitor the distribution of RDTs for state malaria programme and stock management to prevent stock out and expiry
- Monitor malaria tests through RDTs and conduct data analysis
- Support the MNM Odisha Lead in reporting through a project dashboard
- Draft monthly review reports on districts performance towards malaria elimination
- Support the development of district and state Program Implementation Plans in alignment with operational plan for malaria elimination.
- Conduct trainings of health workers based on training plan under supervision of MNM’s India team and State NVBDCP.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND DESIRED CREDENTIALS
- Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, public policy or in a related field is required.
- 10+ years of experience in providing technical assistance on health programs or policy
- Previous experience with malaria, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria, Ministry of Health and/or Ministry of Finance highly preferred.
- Experience building coalitions and bringing together stakeholders across sectors
- Experience collecting, analyzing and monitoring data through field visits.
- Ability to research and draft reports, fact sheets, and briefing papers and manage the printing and distribution of these materials.
- Excellent computer skills required, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
Level of Language Proficiency
Superior oral and written communications skills in English required.
Minimum Education Required