Project HOPE is an international NGO with more than 500 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges. Throughout our 60 years of operation legacy, Project HOPE has treated millions of patients and provided more than $3 billion worth of medicines to local health care organizations around the world. We have helped build hundreds of health programs from the ground up and responded to humanitarian crises worldwide.
The primary responsibilities for this position are to accurately maintain vendor records, process accounts payable transactions, credit cards payments, review and approve staff expense reports, monitor travel advances, prepare and file 1099s and state sales & use tax, train staff, and other day-to-day accounts payable and related functions.
1) Work with Office of Purchasing for each new vendor to collect complete procurement package – that includes but not limited to - documents required as outlined in policy, vendor vetting record from Bridger database, W-9 forms, identification of 1099 eligibility, vendor set-up in NetSuite and PIM, matching invoices against the POs, etc.
2) Collect and review payment transactions in accordance with Project HOPE policies, ensuring proper documentation and approvals are present before processing each payment. Organize and save audit ready documents in shared folders as well as in the accounting system.
3) Enter transactions into NetSuite as well as in Truist (Cash Manager Online or Payment and Invoice Management).
4) Maintain tight control over the payments that fail into ACH batches or payments return and then do needful to process the payment again, ensuring proper reflection of ins and outs in NetSuite.
5) Reconcile and keep up to date all outgoing payments on daily basis.
6) Custodian of company credit card to pay invoices that allows payment via credit card. Ensure proper documentation and approval are in order before payment is made. Record and reconcile the payments made to vendors and payment made to Credit Card Company.
7) Oversee company-sponsored credit cards for staffs. This includes ensuring staffs are reporting expenses on timely basis via Expensify and credit card balances are reflected correctly in NetSuite. Resolve all credit card disputes.
8) Review staff expenses reports in Expensify to ensure expense reports are in accordance with company policy, approve the reports and facilitate payments.
9) Track advance balances for all departments except GH department staff.
10) Prepare and file annual 1099 tax form filings.
11) Compute and file VA (or any other state for future) Sales & Use tax every month with VA State Department.
12) Provide training and instructions to staff on expense reimbursements, cash advance and P-card usage procedure.
13) Coordinate with vendors and prepare documents for all credit memo and backorders.
14) Work with vendors to resolve disputed or overdue invoices, and reconcile vendor monthly statements.
15) Distribute all incoming mail to Finance department appropriately.
16) Maintain legal invoices and supporting documents.
17) Research invoice/payment queries and response on timely basis to vendors and staff.
18) Assist with annual audit by gathering all AP documentation for auditors.
19) Run Bridger Insight search soon after close of the quarter for all vendors that were paid in previous quarter that just ended and maintain documentation.
20) Support the Finance department daily operations and perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Minimum of 2 year accounting degree.
2. 5+ years’ experience in accounts payable or related accounting areas is a plus.
3. Experience in automated accounting systems, NetSuite or similar software would be highly desirable.
4. Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
5. Good communication skills in dealing with both vendors and Project HOPE staff.
6. Working knowledge of MS software, Excel and Word.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: Must be mobile in an office environment and able to use standard office equipment and must be able to communicate in verbal and written form.
Work environment: Typical office environment with exposure to a minimal noise level.
Project HOPE is an international NGO with more than 500 engaged employees and hundreds of volunteers who work in more than 25 countries, responding to the world’s most pressing global health challenges. Throughout our 60 years of operation…
Please apply online on our website.
Please apply online on our website.