305 7th Avenue
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
The Partnership for the Homeless has an immediate opening for a creative and experienced professional to manage human resources and volunteer programs for a non-profit direct service and advocacy organization.
The successful candidate will be part of the organization’s management team and be responsible for:
- recruiting and onboarding staff;
- ensuring compliance with regulatory concerns regarding staff;
- overseeing staff evaluation and development/training;
- reviewing and regularly updating HR policies and procedures;
- developing management improvement systems;
- managing employee relations, in particular
- compensation and benefits administration;
- safety, welfare, and health issues.
In addition to working with employees of the Partnership, the Manager will have an essential role in overseeing and coordinating the organization’s recruitment and placement of volunteer groups and individuals at programs and events, working with managers and staff to assess program/event goals and needs. Some key activities will include:
- creating volunteer recruitment tools;
- developing and conducting volunteer orientation and training;
- representing the organization, along with program staff, at community/corporate/educational events with volunteer recruitment potential;
- conducting regular volunteer program evaluations;
- establishing and maintaining a Volunteer Recognition Program.
The successful candidate will have at least three-five years working as a human resource professional; experience in volunteer management and administration; familiarity with the issues facing homeless families and children; a willingness to work non-traditional hours and days to meet organizational needs; and excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking. Bilingual (English-Spanish) a plus.
The Partnership offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. For more information about us, visit our web site at www.partnershipforthehomeless.org.
If you are interested in being part of an organization that is committed to social change, send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
e-mail: jobs @pfth.org
The Partnership for the Homeless
Human Resources Department
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (English-Spanish) is a plus
Minimum Education Required