FIELD COORDINATOR - NY Congressional District 19 (Hudson Valley) - HIRE ASAP
- Job posted by Community Voices Heard Power Inc.
Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
Community Voices Heard Power! (CVH Power) is a multiracial member-led organization that works to build power and create a racially, socially and economically just New York State, through grassroots political organizing. We seek out, politically educate, train, encourage and support aspiring candidates of color; as well as persons that ideologically align, support, and further our agenda to advance low-income communities of color across our five New York chapters -- New York City, Westchester Co., Orange Co., Rockland Co., and Dutchess County-- and subsequently New York State.
The Field Coordinator will perform ongoing strategic analysis on the implementation of their field plan and adjust the field plan based on the results. S/he will be responsible for recruiting and mobilizing a combination of volunteers and paid outreach workers for canvassing, using various outreach methods to include potential phone-banking shifts, door-knocking, tabling, and more. The field coordinator is responsible for the training of canvass staff and volunteers, and shall report directly to the Executive Director.
The Field Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing a voter contact plan that consists of door knocking, phone banking, sending text messages or other types of communication.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
● Writing, updating and implementing the field plan;
● Working with voter database (VAN) to analyze and create target universe and subsequent outreach strategies;
● Developing and implementing comprehensive reporting systems to track and report on field/voter contact progress.
● Developing reporting system to track staff and/or volunteer hours and work.
● Cutting turf and printing lists from C4 or C3 VAN when appropriate
● Tracking all data in C4 or C3 VAN when appropriate
● Inputting pertinent data in our organizational database
● Setting up a comprehensive GOTV plan
● Nightly online numerical reporting
QUALIFICATIONS DESIRED INCLUDE:
● Minimum of two campaign cycles in a senior position or as a field organizer;
● Commitment to building community power;
● Experience working with low-/ moderate-income communities of color;
● Volunteer management experience;
● Working knowledge of the structure of electoral campaigns and campaign technology; preferred, but not required;
● Experience quickly adapting to changing environment(s);
● Experience meeting deadlines and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
● Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
● Strong attention to detail;
● Some experience with voter ID, voter persuasion, and get-out-the-vote drives;
● Self-motivated and willingness to work long hours;
● Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure;
● A can-do attitude that combines a "team spirit" and creativity to drive and motivate others;
● Bilingual Spanish speaker preferred, but not required.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish speaker preferred, but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume, brief writing sample, names of three references and a cover letter detailing your interest in this position and the organization to: firstname.lastname@example.org. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, CVH Power strongly encourages people of color, women, and LGBTQ individuals to apply.