70 Mulberry Street
Job Title: Job Developer
Job Classification: Full Time Non - Exempt
- Utilize innovative job development techniques to develop and manage relationships with employers and local referral sources to develop a pool of employment opportunities;
- Assess participant goals, aptitude, motivation, skills and experience relative to employment; provide soft skills training to participants, (e.g., time management, etc.);
- Assist clients with job search skills required to secure employment. (e.g. resume preparation and interview skills);
- Refer qualified participants to appropriate job matches and provide placement retention support to the participant as well as the employer.
- Leverage awareness of other agencies, entitlement programs, etc; Coordinate with community based agencies to support continuum of care (e.g., housing, social services, and entitlements).
- Plan and participate in recruitment of project participants; Conduct presentations to prospective employers, funders and other stakeholders;
- Promote CMP’s programs as a reliable employer resource for trained and qualified entry level employees;
- Maintain effective documentation for all case management, and administrative responsibilities;
- Provide reports to internal/external stakeholders;
- Support all operations and administrative activities to ensure effective development and execution.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Bilingual in English and Chinese (Mandarin and/or Cantonese) required.
- 1-2 years experience serving vulnerable populations a plus.
- Sales and marketing experience is a large plus or two or more years experience as a case manager (or equivalent) in a social services setting.
- Excellent marketing and communication skills with knowledge of the job market and employment opportunities in New York City required.
- Strong assessment, support, referral skills
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written skills
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual fluency in Mandarin/Cantonese and English required.
Minimum Education Required