55 Exchange Place
SEO Scholars is a free eight-year academic program that gets motivated, low-income public high school students to and through college with a rigorous out-of-school supplemental academic curriculum, college guidance and the leadership development necessary to gain admission to, and succeed at, competitive colleges and universities. At SEO Scholars we have a proven track record of success: 90% of our Scholars graduate from college. The impact of a college degree is well-documented. College graduates are estimated to out-earn their peers by more than $1 million over the course of a lifetime, thus breaking the cycle of poverty within their families.
SEO Scholars seeks an 11th Grade Program VISTA to provide data and operational support for various elements of 11th grade programming. This role will be primarily responsible for reviewing and improving current data systems to enhance productivity and communication within the 11th Grade Department. The 11th grade program includes core SEO academics, standardized test preparation, summer enrichment program applications, college awareness, and a robust mentoring program. Projects will range from identifying internship opportunities for our juniors and seniors to overseeing and reshaping our fundraising model for juniors embarking on their summer enrichment programs.
We seek a highly organized, dynamic team player with a keen eye for detail and an ability to handle multiple projects at any given time. The 11th Grade Program VISTA will not only help implement new systems that will support the 11th Grade Department but will need to think large-scale on how these systems can impact the program as a whole. Larger program-wide projects will include researching internship opportunities that will not only help our juniors and seniors reach their community service goals but help them gain access into a variety of career fields.
- Research, develop and implement database systems for the summer enrichment program application process. Establish a system to easily allow staff and external partners to navigate enrichment program resources.
- In collaboration with the Program Manager for External Partnerships, develop a scalable model for enrichment program fundraising. Research a new crowdfunding source, standardize fundraising strategies and develop a system to track funds raised.
- Research and develop an operations manual for the annual college tour with 250 student participants and 18 adult volunteers to guide future college tours.
- Conduct outreach to new companies/organizations to help diversify SEO’s mentoring pool.
- In collaboration with the 11th Grade Program Coordinator, improve general student data tracking systems to increase timeliness and accuracy of attendance, assignment completion and SAT scores.
- Research year-round internship opportunities, develop data tracking system to manage internship profiles, and develop application process for 11th & 12th graders.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Extremely organized, efficient and detailed oriented
- Experience with Windows and Excel
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude with a willingness to be flexible to get the job done
- Meet knowledge, skill, ability requirements for all the responsibilities listed above
- To Hold Students to the Highest Possible Standard – “There is no back row in SEO.” We are passionate about closing the opportunity gap for first-generation and underrepresented students. We recognize the privilege of working with some of the most inspiring young minds in NYC and refuse to settle for anything less than 100% student engagement.
- To Speak with Candor and Conviction – We are dynamic, engaging leaders able to present SEO Scholars to a variety of audiences and stakeholders in a compelling and informative way, as well as to navigate difficult conversations providing honest, productive feedback to students and their families.
- To Prioritize Collective Objective over Personal Need – “It’s not about you; it’s about those who came before you and those who come after you.” We are a rapidly growing, data-driven organization always eager to add ambitious team members who want to make a lasting impact on our organization.
In addition to your AmeriCorps living allowance and education award, SEO will provide a $150 monthly housing stipend, a $50 monthly food stipend, and a monthly MetroCard during your year of service.
This is an AmeriCorps VISTA opportunity to spend one year serving full-time to make a difference. For a full list of the benefits of service go to https://www.vistacampus.gov/in-service/benefits-service
Go to the opportunity listing and complete the AmeriCorps VISTA application process. Additionally, please share your resume and cover letter with Chelsea Williams, email@example.com and specify "SEO Scholars AmeriCorps VISTA - Your Name" in the subject line.
Minimum Education Required