Assistant Director, Principal Residency Network (PRN)
- Job posted by Center for Leadership and Educational Equity
Details: Compensation commensurate with experience, annual contract, pending grant/contract funding and number of program participants
304 Pearl Street
Job Descriptions/Qualifications for Assistant Director, Principal Residency Network (PRN)
Working at CLEE: We innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. CLEE is a learning organization with a growth mindset, and we’re always looking for ways to increase our organization’s impact and improve ourselves to advance the field of education in leading for equity.
Responsibilities - Work Collaboratively with Principal Residency Network (PRN) Director on:
- Facilitation and Coaching: Plan, facilitate and coach collaborative professional learning experiences for diverse Aspiring ,Mentor, and Novice Principals
- Administration: Participate in hiring/onboarding new advisors and/or other program support, grant writing, and collaboration with all of the CLEE staff.
- Building Human Capacity: Increase capacity of instructors, facilitators, advisors, and coaches to implement programs independently and collaboratively through ongoing 1-1 support/feedback collaboration/learning among instructors, advisors, and coaches.
- Communication/Marketing/Outreach: Maintain effective communication with district partners, staff, participants and candidates. Utilize a variety of platforms both face to face and technology to highlight work and increase community engagement.
- Experience as an effective school principal.
- Experience planning and facilitating the development of transformative school leaders using using innovative, high engagement, collaborative processes and protocols.
- Extremely organized and able to create systems to keep others organized. Savvy with social media, Google, Dropbox and other collaborative online tools.
- Focuses in and holds up the importance of details in ensuring work has an impact on preparing the field to lead for equity.
- Practices a growth mindset. Able to take/give productive feedback, to collaborate and to innovate to help achieve our goals.
- Out of the box, lean and optimistic thinker that believes significant change is possible. Able to lean into ambiguity. Able to help the organization expand and evolve new ways of improving and reaching toward CLEE’s vision.
- Passionate and invested in our mission to support leaders and teachers to achieve educational excellence and equity. Holds a deep belief in the unlimited potential of adults and children to learn and improve.
- Experience leading complex change in schools, districts, and/or educational non-profits that has had an impact.
- In addition to experience as a successful principal, experience as successful district administrator
- Knowledgeable of and experienced in the programs run by CLEE and/or School Reform Initiative (SRI) or another transformative leadership development organization.
- CLEE is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff in a multicultural environment, and strongly encourages applications from underrepresented communities.
- Start Date: June/July 2018
- Advanced degree in education (Phd, EdD).
- Full time
- Compensation commensurate with experience, annual contract, pending grant/contract funding and number of program participants
More information about CLEE, the Principal Residency Network at clee-ri.org
Health, dental, life insurance, retirement.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply: Send a resume and cover letter that clearly demonstrates how your skills, experiences, knowledge, etc. are a match with the responsibilities and qualifications to Principal Residency Director, Kirsten LaCroix at firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority will be given to candidates who respond by May 27th.