Details: The annual salary for the Grants Coordinator is $43K - $48K depending on experience
510 S. First Street
Grants Coordinator – MACLA/Movimiento de Arte y Cultura Latino Americana is seeking an organized Grant Coordinator who is passionate about research, grant writing and administrative tasks to implement our institutional fund development efforts.
MACLA/Movimiento de Arte y Cultura Latino Americana is an inclusive contemporary arts space grounded in the Chicano/Latino experience that incubates new visual, literary, and performance art in order to engage people in civic dialogue and community transformation.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Grants Coordinator will research and write corporate, foundation and government grant proposals, maintain the grants calendar, write and submit grant reports, update the grants database, organize cloud and hard copy grant files, and generate status reports. MACLA’s current grants portfolio is comprised of 20-25 institutional funders whose annual investments range from $5K to $250K/annually. This person will be able to write in a clear, concise and compelling manner, with the ability to edit their work. This position leads the coordination of grants development interfacing with the senior management team to articulate program descriptions, secure financial documents, work samples, and letters of support as needed. Time will be spent on: grants development 70%, reporting 20%, and research/administration 10%.
The Grants Coordinator will:
- Maintain the annual grant calendar
- Research new funding opportunities
- Write all grants and funder communications in grammatically correct English, which is concise, reliably free of typos, and requires minimal copy editing
- Lead the senior management team to determine proposal focus, gather appropriate grant application and reporting information prior to the deadline
- Steward the internal grant process for new and existing funders from pre-award preparation through implementation and close-out reporting
- Gathers supporting documents and information from staff to write interim and final reports
- Prepare monthly grant status reports
- Participate in webinars, in-person meetings and support MACLA staff with nurturing institutional funder relationships
- Conduct individual donor prospect research, support events and other fund development duties as time allows
The successful candidate will have a passion for grant writing, along with MACLA’s mission and be characterized by initiative, problem solving ability, flexibility, responsiveness and personal accountability.
This person will:
- Combine strong organizational skills with a meticulous attention to detail
- Listen carefully, anticipate and proactively address the needs of team members in developing and reporting grant narrative
- Have superb interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all constituents
- Be a strong collaborator; be ready to help others on the smallest task or take initiative to solve a problem
- Have strong analytic skills and the ability to make sound decisions in a strategic manner
- Demonstrate cultural competency, understanding of the local Latino community and experience in Silicon Valley is desired
The Grants Coordinator is a full-time non-exempt position that reports to the Executive Director and will work collaboratively with senior staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Experience in fundraising for cultural institutions, including demonstrated success in securing grants
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce experience is preferred
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational, project, and time management skills with attention to detail
- Deep passion and commitment to advancing Latino arts and culture
- Valid California Driver’s License and proof of auto insurance required
- Ability to lift 25lbs. at a minimum
MACLA offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit the following application materials:
- Cover letter (specifically state how your experience and training matches the position requirements)
- Professional writing sample (preferably a three-page grant application)
Subject Line: MACLA Grants Coordinator position
Due to the high volume of interest, regrettably, we cannot respond to individual applicants. If you are selected as a potential candidate, MACLA will contact you to schedule an interview. No phone calls.