Communications & Social Media Analyst, EducationUSA
- Job posted by Institute of International Education
District of Columbia
This role supports the EducationUSA network’s expanded use of digital communications to effectively promote U.S. higher education. S/he will develop and deliver high-quality and comprehensive information about U.S. higher education through a variety of popular media to appeal to diverse audiences, including: prospective international students, U.S. Higher Education representatives, and Foreign Government/Institutions to advance interaction and online services. Work is carried out under general supervision.
- Develop, edit, and publish engaging content for a multitude of social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+, etc.
- Maximize engagement on flagship accounts through active monitoring and responsiveness to users.
- Assist in the development of, as well as implement the EducationUSA digital communications strategy, in coordination with U.S. Department of State and other stakeholders, to ensure its effectiveness and encourage adoption of relevant social media techniques into the EducationUSA network’s culture and services.
- Create and implement delivery of high priority social media campaigns in conjunction with the U.S. Department of State through the creation of social media toolkits and community outreach efforts.
- Monitor effective analytics for measuring the impact of the social media and communications strategy, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Assist with the development and monitoring of digital communications policy guidance.
- Monitor trends in new digital communications tools and applications.
- Facilitate trainings, both virtually and in person, to EducationUSA network advisers and U.S. Higher Education representatives.
- Provide technical support on virtual promotional and training programming to global network.
- Responsible for full life cycle of various print and web platforms by writing, editing, and proofing messages, including creation of promotional design collateral for print and digital.
- Coordinate with U.S. Department of State and EducationUSA network to produce a monthly newsletter for external audiences.
- Monitor and maintain user-developed content on program website.
- Monitor and approve website users/logins, and troubleshoot user and general website issues as needed.
- Responsible for complying with applicable contract and sponsor requirements and following all IIE policies and procedures.
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
- Requires at least two years of related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive experience in use of social media and virtual platforms for professional purposes, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube, Vimeo.
- Experience with reporting and interpreting social media analytics.
- Experience utilizing virtual meeting platforms (i.e., Google Hangout, Adobe Connect, GoToMeeting, etc.).
- Experience effectively writing and verbally communicating within a cross-cultural, virtual team.
- Demonstrated graphic design sensibility and experience in producing visual images and graphics for social media platforms.
- Well-developed project, organizational, time-management, multi-tasking and administrative skills to achieve established milestones.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies for online community development and promotion/brand recognition.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and the ability to think and act proactively.
- Ability to work independently and be a strong self-starter.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong emotional intelligence.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and external contacts; sensitive to cultural differences when working with people from other cultures; and ability to exercise discretion on confidential matters and to demonstrate sound judgment in consulting with and keeping others informed.
- Ability to easily adapt to changing organizational needs and a fast-paced work environment; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and other tools for the creation of images for social media.
- Experience with video editing software including Adobe Premier, Final Cut Pro, etc.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as Google G-Suite.
- Public relations, communications, and marketing experience a plus.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Minimum Education Required