Pratham USA is recruiting a Regional Development Manager to assist in designing, implementing and tracking fund development opportunities, specifically for mid-level gifts in the Western Region. The Development Manager will be based out of the Greater Los Angeles area and will work closely with Board members, volunteers and the Pratham USA team. The Manager will report to the Regional Director.
Pratham USA seeks an entrepreneurial individual with an exceptional level of personal responsibility, who is adept at conveying our message persuasively to garner financial resources.
- Personally manage a portfolio of mid-level gifts and to establish long-term relationships and cultivate their interests in Pratham programs.
- Ensure healthy pipeline of members upgrading into the mid-level giving tier, as well as into the major gifts giving program.
- Collaborate with Regional Director and communications team to design and implement stewardship and retention strategies for current and lapsed donors; ensure proper benefits administration and recognition.
- Manage chapter boards, including organizing quarterly chapter board meetings, soliciting board commitments and onboarding and offboarding board members who fall into the managers portfolio.
- Strategize and help execute on local galas, salons, and other cultivation events in conjunction with national events team and board committees. Be responsible for fundraising activities at local events.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent donor-centric communications in all materials, such as solicitation, acknowledgement, stewardship, integrated on CRM and customer service. Participate in writing, editing, image sourcing and content approval.
- Represent Pratham for local giving opportunities, including corporate employee matching.
- Deliver on special projects and campaigns as needed.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in non-profit development/fundraising required.
- Bachelors’ degree, with preference for a Master’s in a related area. Additional related academic courses or professional training preferred.
- Passionate about education and demonstrated empathy for international development.
- Superior interpersonal skills and relationship management experience.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills – including the ability to listen and target communications to specific interests and audiences.
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and Google applications required.
- Motivated self-starter who can think critically and solve challenges creatively.
- Ability to work effectively in a results-oriented team environment and meet established deadlines.
- Able to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.