About Global Citizen
Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens who are using their collective voice to end extreme poverty by 2030. On our platform, Global Citizens learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on those issues, and earn rewards for their actions as part of a global community committed to lasting change.
One of the key ways we can grow that movement is through the editorial content on GlobalCitizen.org and its accompanying channels: stories, videos, and social media that bring the important human rights issues of the world to readers where they are. This is journalism with a purpose — content creation to help make the world a better place for all.
So far, 24.8 million actions have been taken by Global Citizens, leading to $48.4 billion commitments being made by world leaders, which has affected 880 million lives to date.
- Prepare monthly reporting and analysis of financial performance. Lead monthly budget review meetings with each department, which involves preparing a summary of financial performance and conducting variance analysis. Partner with senior leadership to provide financial and budgetary support, guidance and recommendations regarding the use of budgets.
- Drive the scoping, project management, creation and execution of our annual and project budgets.
- Build/maintain financial models and forecasting tools that allow for long-term scenario planning in support of the strategic planning process.
- Build/maintain fundraising/revenue models for development teams using Salesforce.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of our budgeting and reporting tool, Adaptive Insights.
- Support operational excellence across GC by contributing to finance team efficiency, e.g. through supporting the monthly close process and other ad hoc support.
- Support GC’s organization-wide initiatives, requiring occasional evening and/or weekend work.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in roles with increasing responsibility; preferably in budget management and/or financial accounting and reporting, non-profit experience a plus
- Experience working with automated financial software systems, cloud-based technology and office software. Knowledge of Adaptive Insights, SalesForce, and Intacct strongly preferred
- Skilled at using and creating financial models to develop unexpected insights
- Demonstrate experience and active willingness to adapt to changing organizational needs and priorities
- Excellent at financial data visualization for internal and external stakeholders
- Able to manage multiple complex projects at once while meeting mission-critical deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a good listener who can motivate others through influence, manage expectations, be willing to engage in difficult conversations in order to advance the work
- Patient and able to successfully convey financial concepts to stakeholders across lines of difference including varying levels of expertise and familiarity with finance and budgeting
- Superior professional judgment and ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel; experience with pivot tables, v-lookup equations, and large data sets highly desirable
- Demonstrated alignment with GC's mission, values, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.