Details: Commensurate with experience.
205 East 42nd Street
This position is within the Finance Unit and reports directly to the Budget Manager. Responsibilities extend to New Visions and the charter schools, and include budget preparation and monitoring, financial analysis and reporting, proposal development and preparation of funder reports. Position also requires performing accounting tasks.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
Budget Preparation & Monitoring
- Assist in preparing annual organizational and program budgets for New Visions, plus organizational budget for ten charter schools.
- Assist in mid-year reforecasts for New Visions and charter schools, factoring in year-to-date expenses, programmatic and funding changes, and remaining priorities.
- Work with program and school staff on cashflow and actual/budget reporting.
- Input and maintain budgets and cash flows in the MIP accounting software (annual and mid-year reforecasts).
Financial Analysis & Reporting
- Update monthly budget and weekly reports for charter staff.
- Assist Accounting team to prepare financial statements for Board meetings.
- Upload annual and update reforecast budgets for SUNY and SED.
- Provide Development with information for funding proposals for private and government funders.
- Prepare funder reports as required and keep current on all funder fiscal requirements, guidelines and templates.
- Prepare monthly allocations for New Visions payroll, confirming staffing changes with HR and programs.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly invoices for grants and ensure maximization of revenue and federal draws.
- Review accounting batches for charter schools to ensure accuracy of coding and input to general ledger.
- Review general ledger detail for accuracy and research variations/discrepancies. Recommend and prepare correcting journal entries as appropriate.
- Assist accounting team with monthly close in preparing financial statements, supporting schedules and analyses.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration;
- 2-3 years working experience in budget management or financial analysis, public policy analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert spreadsheet and database skills, including the ability to present financial information graphically.
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Understanding of non-profit accounting.
- Knowledge of MIP non-profit accounting software.
New Visions for Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply on our website.