ABOUT US US
Group Health Foundation is an emerging 501(c)(4) philanthropic organization committed to shaping and accelerating efforts to improve health and health equity in the State of Washington. We are seeking a Human Resources Director to join our growing team.
Fueled by Group Health Cooperative’s legacy and $1.8 billion in funds resulting from Kaiser Permanente’s acquisition of the Cooperative, we have an audacious goal: health equity in Washington State. We are committed to creating and supporting conditions where people of all communities, especially those experiencing social and economic injustice, can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. We are dedicated to partnering with communities across the state to advance a shared vision for a vibrant, healthy future.
Cultivating a diverse and inclusive staff and board of directors is essential to our work. Applicants who represent the broad range of diversity and lived experiences in our communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To learn more about our work and values, please visit our website.
As an integral member of the Foundation’s management team, the Human Resources (HR) Director is responsible for the ongoing planning, development, and execution of programs that enhance the recruitment and employment experience of a talented team pursuing extraordinary changes in health equity across the state. Our team will be growing exponentially in the coming years, and we are striving to build an organization and culture that nurtures, challenges, and develops people. This role is both strategic and hands-on, providing leadership for the entire employment experience and helping to shape the ongoing evolution of the Foundation’s culture. This is a full-time, exempt position located at our office in downtown Seattle (with some work location flexibility).
· Serve on the Foundation’s management team, helping to develop and execute recruitment plans and organization-wide programs to facilitate employee success and a positive team experience.
· Develop and implement HR programs and policies that effectively communicate and support the organization’s mission, values, culture, practices, and strategies.
· Serve as a resource to all employees and as a strategic advisor to the senior management team on key organizational development issues.
· Provide leadership, direction, and counsel in all of the HR disciplines.
· Own day-to-day HR operations including recruiting, hiring, onboarding, salary and benefits management, 401k administration, documentation and compliance, employee relations, and performance management.
· Manage a comprehensive employee onboarding and orientation program to ensure a consistent understanding among all employees of our values and norms, policies and practices, and various employee benefits.
· Support managers in a variety of employee relations issues including challenging situations and conversations, performance management, promotions, terminations, and investigations.
· Support the senior management team in establishing a thoughtful plan for recruitment, retention, leadership development, and succession that aligns with the Foundation’s goals.
· Lead annual evaluation of compensation and benefit plans to assure they are competitive, cost-effective, and aligned with the Foundation’s values.
· Support a positive employment experience through activities and events that reinforce our culture and values.
· Bachelor’s Degree in HR, business administration, or other relevant field (or equivalent employment and learning experiences)
· Graduate degree in relevant field preferred (or equivalent employment and learning experiences)
· SPHR and/or SHRM-SCP preferred
· Ten or more years of progressive leadership in HR
· Supervisory experience and a demonstrated ability to develop and lead others
· Experience with HCM/HRIS/HRMS software and applicant tracking systems
· Experience recruiting staff who represent a diversity of experiences and identities, including multi-lingual and multi-cultural candidates
· Experience with nonprofit or philanthropic organizations preferred
· Experience with multi-site organizations preferred
Knowledge and skills
· Commitment to equity and social justice, and strong alignment with our organizational values
· Desire and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and lived experiences
· Strong verbal and written communication skills combined with the ability to listen deeply and authentically
· Demonstrated capacity for self-reflection
· Ability to be adaptive and responsive to evolving priorities
· Ability to build quick credibility and ongoing trust with employees
· Demonstrated ability to recruit diverse pools of candidates through focused outreach and advertising, thoughtful networking, and strong relationships
· Demonstrated ability to provide HR consultation to managers and employees on a broad range of HR issues
· Demonstrated ability to effectively coach employees and managers in conflict and issue resolution
· Ability to be self-directed, take ownership, and see projects to completion in a timely manner
· Excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong customer service orientation
· Common sense approach that balances the organization needs, employee needs, and legal requirements
· Strong project management and organizational skills with a record of developing and strengthening systems and processes
· Ability to work collaboratively, exercising good judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving skills to achieve shared goals
· Effective negotiation and contract management skills
· High-level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint) and Adobe (Acrobat DC), and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
· Ability to take part in occasional meetings and events outside of core business hours
· Enthusiasm for traveling throughout Washington and engaging with communities that may be far different then your own (travel is estimated at 5% for this position)
In addition to a positive and flexible work culture, we attract, retain, and motivate exceptional people with an equitable and competitive compensation package. Salary ranges are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting ranges for each position. The anticipated starting salary range for this position is $140,000-$162,000. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision for the employee and dependent children (covered at 90%), a 10% retirement contribution, generous and flexible paid time off, paid parental leave, a fully subsidized transit pass, and support for professional development.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your specific interests through our applicant portal. You will receive an automatic acknowledgement of your application once you submit your materials and can expect regular updates from the Foundation while the search process is underway.
We will review applications on a rolling basis as they are submitted, with priority given to applications submitted by November 30, 2018. Until the position is filled, all applications will be accepted and reviewed. If the position is visible on our website, it remains open.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Group Health Foundation team!