1330 Braddock Place
We are seeking a team player who is passionate about improving communities, enjoys engaging with thought leaders, and loves a fast-paced position where the work makes a difference.
If you are known for being detail oriented, enjoy event planning, have an acute customer-service focus, want to help professionals grow their skills and are interested in learning the latest trends in building strong communities, we want to hear from you.
This role supports professional development and network engagement activities for our association members. The role coordinates member outreach efforts for specific interest areas, including Education Attainment; Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; and Economic Development. This person convenes programs/events, develops informational resources, and provides logistical and administrative support for ACCE and its partners.
- Coordinate community advancement activities, including: meetings, special events, educational programming, ACCE Annual Convention, awards programs and other activities as needed. This will include planning, project management, volunteer engagement, speaker coordination, meeting facilitation and logistics.
- Perform network engagement activities including outreach, program support, tracking member engagement, and building personal relationships with members
- Cultivate relationships with members, and serve as a trusted resource for information, guidance and problem solving
- Create and edit content and informational resources for ACCE website, blog, Chamber Executive magazine, webinars, toolkits, and newsletters related to community advancement activities
- Maintain positive relationships with staff, members, sponsors, partners and other organizations to ensure the highest quality of service and the positive image of the association
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to help the association achieve its goals
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Abilities
- Previous event and/or meeting management experience, especially logistics
- Strong organizational and data management skills and accuracy
- Proven written communication skills (writing test required)
- Verbal communication skill -- comfortable speaking to senior-level executives, both in person and via telephone
- Curiosity about regional economies and business-civic entities
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to prioritize tasks, accomplish objectives, and meet deadlines
- Can-do work ethic and problem-solving skills with a hands-on approach and team-oriented attitude
- Customer service skills and temperament; calm under pressure
- Ability to read, comprehend and synthesize written materials, especially related to public policy
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package including medical insurance, 401k, and paid vacation. Close proximity to Metro. Opportunities for advancement abound.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Will Burns at email@example.com.