- Bay Cove Human Services, Inc.
- a leading Massachusetts human services organization, seeks a Residential Counselor who will provide direct care services to adults living in a Residential Program.
- Bay Cove’s Long Term Support Services provides housing support for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
- As an integral member of the team, the Residential Counselor will provide ADL (Activities of Daily Living), case management, medication administration, symptom management, behavior planning and social/recreational skill building support for our clients.
- We are looking for someone who strive to: Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
- Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- You will: Ensure the individuals stability, safety, health promotion and maintenance, as well as acquisition of community living skills.
- Accompany residents on appointments and community outings.
- Implement behavioral and psychiatric rehabilitation treatment plans.
- Work collaboratively with other treatment providers, family, and guardians to ascertain that the needs of the clients are attended to in a manner that maximizes each person’s dignity and quality of life.
- Provide crisis intervention and routine medication administration.
- Maintain cleanliness of home, providing assistance with cleaning rooms and common areas and fully cleaning areas that residents do not have the skills to complete.
- Assist in all aspects of home life such as meal planning and preparation, budgeting and leisure time.
- What you will need to bring: Experience – Previous and demonstrated skills working effectively with adults in a residential or inpatient setting.
- Skills – Proficient in written communication.
- Ability to work as part of a team and have the compassion and patience needed with service adults with severe disabilities.
- License/Certification – Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass MAP certification within 90 days of hire.
- Keywords:, Developmental Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities, Autism, Care Worker, Caregiver, Residential Counselor, Direct Care, DSP, CNA, HHA, Advocacy, Support, Human Services, Nonprofit
Driving License Required? Yes
Minimum Education Required