1777 North Kent Street, Suite 100
TITLE: Development Assistant
REPORTS TO: Development Operations Manager
POSITION TYPE/HOURS: Full time/40 hours
ABOUT TROUT UNLIMITED
Trout Unlimited is a national organization with 300,000 members and supporters organized into over 400 chapters and councils nationwide. These dedicated grassroots volunteers are matched by a respected staff of organizers, lawyers, policy experts, and scientists, who work out of more than 45 offices across the country. Our mission is to conserve, protect, and restore North America's cold-water fisheries and their watersheds.
Trout Unlimited’s Development team is responsible for fundraising and relationship building in the following key areas: solicitation of major gifts; foundation support; donor cultivation and stewardship events; planned giving; direct mail marketing; and membership services. The primary duties of the Development Assistant are focused around the organization’s individual donors of $1,000 or greater, but the position also aids as needed in other areas. This key Development team staff member must be a self-starter, have excellent organizational skills, have strong attention to detail in projects both large and small, possess the ability to problem solve and multi task, and provide proactive and enthusiastic support for both donors and staff alike. The position is based in Arlington, Virginia.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Organizes departmental meetings, including keeping minutes and tracking assigned follow up items for participants.
· Uses the CRM to make donor and gift information readily available to staff, including providing reports, queries, and lists on a regular basis and as requested.
· Assists with data entry and data hygiene within CRM.
· Oversees the processing of all $1,000+ gifts.
· Manages donor pledges including sending reminders, tracking payments, and acknowledging gifts when made.
· Manages the process of receiving gifts of stock and other securities.
· Packages and ships major donor welcome packets (regularly) as well as major donor premiums, such as fishing gear (infrequently).
· Performs basic donor research, as needed and upon request.
· Assists with preparation, execution and follow up of cultivation and stewardship events and mailings.
· Assists fundraisers and fundraising partners in pulling queries, data entry, and other database inquiries.
· Responds to ad-hoc requests for information from CEO, VPs and other development staff.
· Is a valued, highly organized, flexible and competent team player who strives for customer service satisfaction and can be relied upon for consistently producing excellent results to facilitate Trout Unlimited’s growing fundraising program.
· This is a non-supervisory position.
This is not an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 2+ years of diverse administrative support experience in a professional setting
· Enthusiastic, energetic, and personable
· Excellent communication skills via phone, email, and letters required
· Comfortable analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and making informed decisions with minimal supervision
· Extremely detail oriented
· Strong time management skills and practices
· Able to prioritize projects and excellent organizational skills
· Proficient in Office 365 products, including MS Excel, Word, and Outlook a must
· Experience and dexterity in manipulating a CRM database
· Passion for the outdoors and Trout Unlimited's mission is essential; Fly fishing is a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a letter of interest and resume to Elizabeth Haymaker at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Open until filled.
TU is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer pursuant to Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act & Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistant Act.
TU hires staff without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.