StorySLAM Producer - Phoenix, AZ
Position Overview: The Moth seeks a vibrant professional to join our Phoenix StorySLAM team as the primary Producer. The Producer will coordinate our once-a-month Phoenix StorySLAMs, engage in community outreach, and coordinate with Moth Headquarters in NY.
This is a part-time, subcontractor position, and ~10-15 hours a month.
- Booking crew, preparing show materials, social media / show promotion, volunteer management
- Attending and managing monthly shows (usually the fourth Wednesday of the month); night-of-show coordination with venue for setup, ticketing, finances
- Submitting show deliverables, including settlements and invoices
- Significant communication with Moth Headquarters in NYC
- Finding new voices while engaging the existing StorySLAM community
Qualifications and Skills:
- Familiarity with The Moth's programming
- Sensitivity to different perspectives from around the world and ability to communicate effectively with people from different cultural and educational settings
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both in person and remotely)
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills, detail and deadline-oriented
- Computer skills: Google Drive, Microsoft Office
- Must be a current resident of Phoenix
- Production experience a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please complete this questionnaire and email your resume to email@example.com (Be sure to specify which position you're applying for in the subject line!). Applications are due by Friday, March 2nd.