Role purpose; Senior Specialists have front-line responsibility to engage with countries on the development of foundation’s activities that include strong partners and promising activities and to ensure the quality and integrity of all foundation’ programmatic activities.
Key accountabilities and activities include but are not limited to:
· Review, analyse, and provide technical education insight for Expressions of Interest and project proposals from worldwide.
· Advise on ways to enhance reach and impact.
· Interact with organization leadership and stakeholders regarding the progress and accomplishments of foundation’s funded projects.
· Maintain constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
· As requested, support the on-going monitoring of foundation’s supported work in coordination with internal stakeholders.
· Conduct opportunity assessments of potential partners for projects in existing and new countries and advise on strategic and/or impactful opportunities.
· Develop collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs.
· Contribute to the effective and efficient conduct of foundation’s meetings, workshop, conferences, and events.
· Represent foundation in external meetings and events as requested.
· Assist in maintaining a high level of quality and appropriate branding for all products posted, published or distributed by the foundation.
· With the growth of the foundation, begin to develop (a) selected area(s) of concentration
Submit all contractual and programmatic deliverables on time and of the highest quality possible
Education and qualifications
- Master’s degree in Education or a relevant field from a reputed university, preferably with specialization in Education System Development; PhD preferred
- 10+ years of experience in providing technical assistance to large education development programs in the developing world.
- Experience working in a UN system agency or organization is an asset. Familiarity with emergency response is an asset, such as OPS, HRP, 3RP
Level of Language Proficiency
- Arabic and English are essentials
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you have experience of working in a similar capacity, meet the above profile and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please send your CV.
Please ensure your application email has the subject heading of [Sr. Education Specialist] – [insert your name]