We are seeking a passionate, strategic, hands-on and results-driven Director of Organizational Talent Development who will set the strategic and operational direction of our people's growth and development to achieve the long-term business strategy. The Director of Organizational and Talent Development will be responsible for the design and delivery of talent development programs, processes and policies which includes: workforce design and planning, career pathways, succession planning, and learning and development - with a focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. The ideal candidate for this role is a self starter, with demonstrated ability to develop a vision and strategy while working in a hands-on, collaborative manner and has the experience, maturity, executive presence and judgment to gain credibility, influence and respect among business leaders and HR leaders and is able to communicate effectively and confidently with all levels of the organization.
The Director of Organizational and Talent Development will manage a team and reports directly to the Vice President of People.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Organizational Design and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI):
- Lead workforce design and planning, aligned to the strategic plan, to ensure stable staffing levels, with the right skills in the right positions to support student outcomes:
- Create an operating model to analyze, forecast, and plan workforce supply and demand, assessing gaps, and determining target talent management interventions to anticipate and prepare for current and future hiring needs.
- Implement a succession planning program for key leadership roles (including Site Directors)
- Partner with Talent Acquisition, Employee Experience, National Program Team, and leadership across the organization to build diverse internal and external pipelines by recruiting, engaging, developing, and retaining talent.
- Design and implement College Track’s multi-year DEI strategic plan which includes, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring the delivery of DEI trainings;
- Infusing DEI into new and existing strategies, programs, and policies;
- Facilitating and participating in the DEI working group;
- Tracking progress toward DEI goals and communicating progress; and
- Lead, advise, and provide consultation on DEI across the organization.
- Partner with all levels of leaderships, teams, and staff across the organization to serve as a trusted advisor and internal expert and makes appropriate plans of action in the following areas:
- Organizational performance & health;
- Workforce planning;
- Talent strategy; and
- Diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Architect the vision, strategic and operational framework for College Track’s talent strategy
- Design and implement a talent development plan that maximizes career opportunities and meets the long-term needs of the organization, including:
- Create and maintain systems for Identifying strengths/gaps in talent and devise strategies to strengthen and build leadership capability internally and externally;
- Formalize and institute practices (job profiles, job architecture, etc.) that enable the organization to provide clarity for career progression; and
- Reinforce key career development programs which have already been designed while continuing to improve and enhance these programs to grow and sustain the organization.
- Oversee the coordination of all professional development programs to drive organizational growth goals consistent with DEI best practices and talent needs:
- Build and implement a structure for providing training, both in person and online, from hire through employment, that includes an organizational Learning Management System
- Design, build, and lead non-program specific professional development trainings and programs (e.g. manager resource trainings); and
- Partner with the National Program Team in the creation and implementation of program-specific professional training and programs to ensure alignment with overall learning and development objectives.
- Create and deliver talent development dashboards and reports to evaluate the effectiveness of programs; leverage data to improve and inform talent development offerings as the needs of the organization evolves.
Team Leadership and Management:
- Ensure the Organizational and Talent Development team is high functioning, strategic, and service-minded as they partner with leaders for organizational, culture, and workforce development and support.
- Manage and coach team on growth & development of key competencies to ensure team and individual success on individual goals & development.
Skills & Experience Required
- 10+ years of progressively Talent Design and Management, Organizational Development, or Learning and Development experience with at least 4+ years of leadership and management experience preferably in the education, non-profit or corporation
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree. Master's Degree is preferred.
- Track record of achieving strong results while building and fostering an inclusive, collaborative, and high-performance culture.
- Excellent relationship building skills with a demonstrated ability to work well with people with a wide diversity of demographic and professional experience levels across a decentralized work environment
- Reputation for working exceptionally well in partnership with company leaders and human resource colleagues for driving positive change
- Experience developing customized approaches that leverage and complement the business culture
- Comfortable with ambiguity; navigates confidently; adapts to change
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of training techniques and adult learning principles
- Demonstrated experience in process design, development, and implementation.
- Demonstrated success in staff leadership, management, and development
- Exceptional communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated creativity when addressing challenging situations with limited resources
- Success driving large scale change
- Have the experience, maturity, executive presence and judgment to gain credibility and respect among business leaders and HR leaders; experience dealing with senior leadership teams in large organizations whereby influencing without authority is a key attribute of successful performance
- Demonstrate the ability to develop a vision and strategy while working in a hands-on, collaborative manner
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive, region specific, salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off