37 West 26th Street
Solar One is seeking to hire for the position of New York City Clean Energy Coordinator under the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority’s (NYSERDA) Clean Energy Communities Program (CECP).
Duties as a Clean Energy Coordinator will include providing technical assistance services, research, and clean energy planning and project implementation in close coordination with NYSERDA and the NYC Mayor’s Office of Sustainability, NYC Department of Citywide Administrative Services and other NYC agencies and offices. The duties may include some or all of the following:
- Assist NYC government in reducing greenhouse gas emissions through energy efficiency upgrades and renewable energy projects.
- Assist NYC government by providing technical assistance, research and project planning/implementation on several of the following high impact action areas: Benchmarking; Municipal Clean Energy Upgrades; LED Street Lights; Clean Fleets; Solarize Initiatives; Unified Solar Permit; Energy Code Enforcement Training; Climate Smart Communities Certification; Community Choice Aggregation; and PACE Financing
- Identify and connect NYC government with relevant clean energy programs and grant opportunities.
- Develop and utilize strategic partnerships with state, regional and local economic development organizations, businesses, and community based organizations to leverage further marketing opportunities for NYSERDA programs.
- Maintain information on partnerships, meetings, referrals, and other activities through regular reporting and the use of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
The opportunity is for a two year position, subject to performance, with the possibility of an extension. Preferred qualifications are a Masters Degree in urban planning, environmental science or a related field and three years’ experience in sustainability/energy planning or a Bachelors Degree in urban planning, environmental science or a related field and five years’ experience in sustainability/energy planning. Candidate must be knowledgeable about NYC clean energy initiatives, programs, and legislation; NYC government operations; energy efficiency and renewables projects; and climate action planning. Candidate must have strong writing and research skills. The position will require local travel and include evening meetings. Salary commensurate with experience.
Solar One is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. We are committed to diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, and disability status. EOE/AA/Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Please email resume to: email@example.com. Subject line: CECP Position. No phone calls, please. Position will remain open until filled.
Minimum Education Required