DREAM Center Manager - Experience the power of dance in an award winning dance organization where talent meets training!
- Job posted by CityDance
2001 10th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Do you have strong interpersonal skills and are excellent with customer service? Are you organized and detail-oriented? Are you a clear and effective communicator? If so, we have an excellent opportunity for you to use and develop these talents, and make an immediate impact on our evolving dance organization.
The DREAM Center Manager (DCM) is responsible for managing the daily operations, and events of the DREAM Center for Dance. In addition, the DCM fosters nurturing relationships with students and families, provides support and guidance, and acts as a role model. The DCM must be an effective communicator, a good listener, and maintain a friendly, outgoing demeanor to all stakeholders. The position requires independent thought and discretion, the ability to assess situations, their importance and impact to families, students, and programs, and the ability to work cooperatively with existing program departments and partners.
What you'll do:
- General program administration.
- Ensure studio and Center maintenance.
- Front-line customer service- answering phones, emails, etc.
- Plan and manage events.
- Serve as point of contact for students and people coming in and out of the facility.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Be a team player and contribute to the growth of our programs.
- Enjoy working for an organization that uses dance as a pathway for youth to graduate from high school, discover their potential and pursue their dreams.
- You are a resident in the USA.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a relative field.
- 1-3 years of experience in similar position prefered.
- You have experience working in customer-facing roles.
- You are able to diagnose and solve problems with varying complexity with a customer-focused mindset.
- You're able to prioritize, multitask, and perform effectively under pressure.
- You have strong planning and organizational skills.
- You are flexible and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You are passionate about dance and its transformative power through high caliber training and performance.
You have experience working with these platforms:
- Customer Support or CRM platforms
- Microsoft Word environment
- SaaS Systems
- Google Products
Physical demands that must be met in order to successfully complete the essential functions of the job:
- Requires the ability to speak, hear, see and use computer and other office related equipment.
- Requires the ability to sit, stand and move around around the studio and building for extended periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs.
- May require local and national travel.
Level of Language Proficiency
You have strong communication skills in English, both verbal and written. Any other languages are a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Please send resume PDF Format only to email@example.com
- Subject of email: Job Post_ DREAMCtrMgr18 – “applicant last name”
- Title resume document: Resume_DREAMCtrMgr18 – “applicant’s last name” or include in email a link to LinkedIn or other online CV or resume.
- Include salary requirements in email. Salary commensurate with experience.