Terms of Employment: Full Time, At Will, Exempt
Reports to: International Operations Manager
Position Location: Los Angeles, USA
Animal Equality is an international organization working with society, governments and companies to end cruelty to farmed animals. Animal Equality has offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, and India and has been regarded as a top charity in recognition of its efficiency and efficacy in helping animals.
Reporting to the International Operations Manager, the Accountant will manage the organization’s day-to-day accounting and finance functions.
- Manage all aspects of day to day bookkeeping and accounting processes including but not limited to: A/P, A/R, payroll, journal entries, and bank reconciliation in accordance to GAAP
- Prepare Journal Entries for prepaid expense, deferred revenue and payroll cash accounts
- Process and pay all invoices in a timely manner
- Receive and deposit all organizational revenue
- Perform annual 1099 reporting process for vendors
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports, including standard financial reports, budget vs. actual
- reports and grant-specific financial reports
- Execute month-end closing procedures and postings
- Coordinate with outside CPA and Auditors in preparation of year-end audit and IRS 990 and State filings
- Review operating expenses with Operations Manager
- Support Executive Director in development and analysis of annual organization budget
- Ensure all regulatory requirements in the US are met and file all reports in a timely manner.
- Work with off-site financial and accounting services as necessary
- Review financial statements and data
- Support Executive Director and Program Directors in developing grant proposal budgets.
- Maintain accounting procedures and policies and systems of internal controls to ensure the integrity of all financial systems
- Be key interface with banks and be responsible for cash management (e.g. anticipating cash needs and transferring funds to ensure sufficient cash available at all times)
- Perform other related duties as necessary, requiring strong judgment and initiative
- Accounting degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years work experience in a bookkeeping/accounting function
- Experience working in nonprofit multi-fund accounting, including experience tracking and reporting financial data for multiple grant funders
- Strong Quickbooks skills, including all normal accounting transactions, GL management, budgeting, and reporting
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience going through a financial audit
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Attention to detail, strong communication, and problem solving skills are all critical for success in this role
- High degree of professional ethics
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Professional appearance
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
Salary and Benefits:
Salary based on experience. Benefits package includes health, dental, and vision plans. Casual office environment includes companion animals
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
To apply, please answer the following questions and send along with your resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com
- Why do you want to work for Animal Equality?
- What will you bring to Animal Equality and what skills make you a good fit for this role?
- What are your specific salary expectations?
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age.
Please Note: We are only able to consider applicants who possess United States work authorization.