2208 2nd Avenue
Revenue accountant is responsible for handling the checks and balances of revenues generated in the organization also responsible for a wide variety of duties and responsibilities of handling all financial aspects of the organization. The primary responsibility involves intense monitoring of revenue and accounts receivable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for insuring that Federal and State grants are in compliance with all provisions of the respective contract requirement. Keep current on CFDA changes.
- Shared responsibility for invoicing government contract and other payers.
- Provide back -up to other accounting staff with processing and deposits of donations and payments.
- Review and post credit card usage.
- Maintain contract files annually, and monthly invoicing and payments.
- Reconcile Salesforce revenue with accounting revenue.
- Provide support for annual audits and funder's site visits.
- Assist with month end closing.
- Prepare and post journal entries as needed.
- Other duties as necessary and/or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- College Degree in accounting preferred, though an additional one (1) year of highly relevant work experience may be substituted for each year of college.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP). Working knowledge of Federal Grant compliance issues and procedures.
- Understanding of internal controls to ensure compliance with Grant and CFDA requirements.
- Two (2) years of experience in a fast-paced accounting environment preferred.
- Non-Profit experience Preferred.
- Experience preparing all schedules required for a financial audit.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be highly proficient with Excel software and be able to export and import data between the accounting system and Excel worksheets.
- Demonstrated experience working with a wide variety of people of racially and culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Must have the ability to work with staff who may have limited knowledge of accounting systems/terminology, but a need to understand reports and information.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills; the ability to work as a team member and motivate others to work collaboratively.
- Strong General Ledger skills including ability to adapt GL data to funder and grant reports.
- Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and contribute to a successful team.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
Note: All employees are subject to periodic Washington State Patrol Criminal History Background Checks and must complete a Criminal History Self-Disclosure Form.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, other national service alumni, people of color, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Selection Process:This is a competitive selection process. All fully completed application packages that show the minimum qualifications and have followed the How to Apply instructions will be reviewed. Interviews will be scheduled for those applicants whose qualifications in the areas listed above most closely correspond to the position’s requirements. In order to preserve our resources toward furthering our mission, only candidates with whom we wish to arrange an interview will be contacted. All others will be maintained in our files for a minimum of six months.
At Sound Generations we embrace the belief that racial and other social identities should be respected and affirmed. In support of this belief, we are building an equitable and inclusive organization and providing our team of staff, volunteers and board members with the tools to address institutionalized racism and other forms of oppression. All members of our team are responsible for providing and supporting an equitable and inclusive work environment that will enrich our interactions with each other and our products and services. This responsibility provides the foundation for empowering our customers (primarily those who are aging and giving care to others) so their needs are justly represented and their desires amply fulfilled.
Sound Generations is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required