322 8th Avenue
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
Your Position with TNC
Be a force for nature and a healthy planet by joining the New York Division and the New York City team. We’re working to protect natural resources, preserve and restore critical habitat, and to ensure resilient, healthy coastal communities for people and nature. This position will provide finance and operations direction and leadership for all operations functions in the New York City office and possibly other teams across the state.
We are looking for a proven leader with excellent people skills who can work towards meeting the strategic priorities of the program by developing and coordinating tactics for approved plans and completing and/or overseeing day-to-day-tasks. The Finance/Operations Manager will have experience with the development and implementation of annual budgets and managing the annual planning and contracts processes. The Finance/Operations Manager will develop documentation, modify processes, and participate in the enhancement of systems and tools used by the team. They will manage diverse tasks, analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, project outcomes, implement solutions to improve effectiveness, and will report to leadership on these activities. The Finance/Operations Manager will work in close cooperation with Conservancy team members, donors, trustees, vendors, public agencies, and legal and accounting professionals. We appreciate a collaborative, inclusive approach and encourage innovative ideas and actions.
· Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience or equivalent combination, including 2 years managing operations functions;
· Finance / Accounting experience;
· Experience managing and implementing multiple projects;
· Experience generating financial reports, and analyzing and interpreting data;
· Experience developing and administering departmental budget or equivalent;
· Experience negotiating agreements;
· Experience supervising staff, interns, and/or volunteers;
· Experience working with cross-functional teams; and
· Demonstrated experience handling confidential information.
· Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated;
· Experience with fundraising proposals and budgets;
· Ability to manage and implement complex processes;
· Degree in Accounting; and/or
· Non-profit GAAP accounting experience;
· Ability to work in partnership with others in a collaborative role;
· Advanced knowledge in current and evolving technology related to field of experience;
· Knowledge of current and evolving trends in the specific field, preferably in a non-profit environment;
· Experience working with private and public awards;
· Strong organization, planning, and problem-solving skills;
· Successful experience implementing strategic program goals; and
· Experience in supporting Human Resources Process.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID #46959 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST November 9th 2018. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.