Full Time Contract
Camp Wakonda and Camp Lanowa are offering the service opportunity of a lifetime to interested and motivated people - a chance to experience an unforgettable summer helping homeless children experience the great outdoors! Located on a fresh water lake in Harriman State Park and just 1 hour from NYC, we serve a co-ed population of 75 campers ages 7-9 at Camp Wakonda and 120 campers ages 10-13 at Camp Lanowa. Our camps are American Camp Association Accredited and sponsored by the NYC nonprofit, Homes for the Homeless. For more information about our summer camp program, please visit us at www.hfhcamps.org.
We are seeking an upbeat and resourceful leader for the position of Program Coordinator. The program coordinator assists with all camp scheduling issues and work with the activity specialist to ensure that they have curriculums developed for each camp session and that they have thoroughly prepared lesson plans for each day.
· Write the Daily Schedule, supervising the scheduling of Program and General Staff.
· On a daily basis meet with the Camp Director, Assistant Director and Unit Leaders to
· address the schedule, staff/camper concerns and pending issues.
· Help Program staff develop lesson plans that are appropriate for the age of the participants.
· Supervise planning and execution of all evening and special camp events and programs.
· Observe and evaluate all Program staff each session.
· A minimum age of 21 and two years camping experience, preferably in a leadership capacity.
· Ensure that all programs are adhering to the guidelines set forth by the New York State Board of Health, Home for the Homeless and the American Camp Association and are carried out in a safe, fun and suitable way.
· Demonstrates leadership and organizational abilities.
· Valid Drivers License preferred, but not required
You will also need to provide:
- Three letters of reference
- A physical exam by a licensed Medical Doctor and be up to date with all required immunizations
- Additional special skills and certifications (First Aid, CPR, EMT, and other) are a plus.
Summer 2018 Camp Schedule
- Saturday, June 2nd staff is expected to arrive
- Monday, June 18th General Staff Training begins at 12 Noon
Session 1: Thursday June 28, 2018 - Wednesday July 11, 2018
- Sunday, July 15th staff back from break by 12:00 PM
Session 2: Monday July 16, 2018 - Monday July 30, 2018
- Thursday, August 2nd staff back from break by 12:00 PM
Session 3: Friday August 3, 2018 - Friday August 17, 2018
Click link to apply: http://bit.ly/HFHCampsJobs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Minimum Education Required