Details: Salary range is $60,000 - $80,000
New Virginia Majority (NVM), Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization, builds power in working-class communities of color across the Commonwealth. We seek conscious and skilled individuals with a deep commitment to racial and economic justice to join our team. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Northern Virginia or Richmond
New Virginia Majority is looking for a Data Manager to manage and maintain its databases across the organization, support data needs for organizing, collect data for regular reporting, help develop unified reporting and analysis for all organizational activities.
- Manage and maintain databases: NGP/VAN (TargetSmart & My Campaigns), Nationbuilder, Blocks, and Hustle, including finding and migrating to alternative databases as needed
- Working knowledge of CRMs and CMSs
- Match and append data collected in the field using tools like NGP Van, Catalist tools, Blue HQ
- Generate regular reporting and analysis that includes but is not limited to: voter registrations, canvassers accountability, phone calls, door knocks, data entry accountability, volunteer recruitment
- Create, adjust, and utilize targeting for door knocking and volunteer recruitment
- Create walk list for our various voter engagement, issue engagement, and membership programs.
- Coordinate data uploads and targeting arrangements with partners
- Implement quality assurance on voter registration, field, organizing and voter data work
- Creating and issue regular reports for all New Virginia tools and data, as well as partner and coalition tools and data when necessary
- Assisting with program design, implementation, goal setting, and long-term strategy using the data that New Virginia Majority has at its disposal
- Work with New Virginia Majority leadership to find additional data sources, services, and tools to help New Virginia Majority improve their work and make better decisions.
- Working with other staff to meet program goals
- Help develop unified reporting and analysis of all New Virginia Majority activities that include but are not limited to: Digital Engagement, Voter Contact, Program accountability, Voter Registration, Issue Organizing, Advocacy and Membership recruitment
- Committed to New Virginia Majority’s mission of social, racial and economic justice
- Ability to train New Virginia Majority staff leadership and the leadership of it subsidiary organizations on the use of VAN and its voter registration, organizing and voter contact tools to build more organizational capacity
- Ability to develop and maintain a variety of relationships on a variety of levels.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines; able to develop and move projects forward with independence and autonomy.
- Self-motivated and works well both independently and on a team
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, manage multiple projects
- Must be able to problem solve and think innovatively about data sets and engagement for communities with little or hard to get data and information.
- Must be able to think critically (out of the box) and also be able to pay complete attention to details
- Ability to take direction and constructive feedback
- Bilingual in Spanish and English languages is a plus, but not required
Salary range is $60,000 - $80,000, commensurate with experience, and comes with an excellent benefits package, including health, vision, dental, and stipends for phone and transportation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, 3 writing samples, and contact information for three references to email@example.com with the position name and preferred location in the subject header.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applications, only those applicants considered for interviews consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
New Virginia Majority (NVM), Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization, builds power in working-class communities of color across the Commonwealth. We organize in communities year-round for racial, economic, and environmental justice through political education, mass voter outreach, mobilization, and intensive leadership development around dozens of issues. We fight for a Virginia that is just, democratic and environmentally sustainable. We are an equal opportunity employer.