1625 11th Avenue
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM SEEKS SPORTS & GAMES COACH
Located in Windsor Terrace neighborhood of Brooklyn, the P.S. 154 After School Program provides a safe, caring environment while supporting growth, learning and social development for P.S. 154 students.
Our organization is looking for a warm, kind and enthusiastic Sports & Games Coach who loves working with students in grades K-5. Hours are M-F from 2:00 pm - 6:15 pm and ideally also available to work as the Recess Coach for P.S. 154 M-F from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm.
As a Sports & Games Coach, you will initiate and organize fun indoors and outdoors group activities such as playground games (tag, duck duck goose, wall ball ) and sports (kickball, basketball, soccer, running races) while providing a safe, caring and encouraging environment where students can make friends, learn and play.
When not coaching you will take on a supporting role in an After School classroom to assist students with academic enrichments and or classroom appropriate recreational games.
- Prior experience working with children
- Two years minimum coaching experience in formal or informal setting
- Knowledge of ball games such as baseball, soccer, basketball, football and or volleyball
- Knowledge or willingness to learn playground games
- Punctual, reliable, responsible, caring and patient
- Excellent organizational skills
- Communicates well with children, parents and staff
- Positive attitude and a team player mindset
- Learn and implement after school procedures
- Assist with school yard transition from school to after school
- Ensure physical and emotional safety for all participants
- Foster an inclusive atmosphere creating a sense of belonging for all participants
- Serve as a positive model for students.
- Leads and instructs students through clean up
- In a classroom setting assists with enrichment/homework (grades 1-5)
- Assist lead teacher in developing and implementing after school activities
- Maintain supplies, equipment and and ensure used area is kept organized
To apply please email your cover letter, resume and 3 references to Barbara McGouran at email@example.com
No phone calls
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
To be determined.
Minimum Education Required