475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: Family Services Worker
REPORTS TO: Director of Early LIFE Center and the Director of Social Services – Early LIFE
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
EXEMPT/NONEXEMPT: Non-Exempt (Salaried)
The Family Services Worker - Center (FS Worker) assists with planning, organizing and implementing Family and Community Partnership services, under the supervision of the Senior Family Services Coordinator and the Director of Social Services. The FS Worker develops and implements Individualized Family Partnership agreements with parents and conducts visits to the homes of the families. The FS Worker also acts as community liaison for the Early LIFE Pre-school.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
* Organizes, facilitates and conducts meetings and training sessions with parents (completing the Parent Education Training form, after each session).
* Conducts home visits to each enrolled family.
* Develops individualized plans with families, with short- and long-term goals and methods of reaching the goals.
* Participates in community boards, councils, advisory groups, etc., representing the agency.
* Participates in classroom and Parent Committee meetings.
* Provides training to parent representatives.
* Attends grantee pre-service training; participates in delegate pre-service training and maintains ongoing efforts for professional development.
* Maintains family files and other records of activities to promote family partnerships.
* Attends all center biweekly staffing and staff meetings.
* Identifies community resources / services for families served by the Pre-school, establishing and maintaining cooperative relationships with them.
* Advocates for Head Start families and promotes their ability to advocate for themselves.
* Ensures the delivery of social services, emergency and non-emergency services, directly or through referrals.
* Assists Family Services team in developing and updating the Community Resources Directory.
* Responds to and follows up on three-day absences of children.
* Submits accurate, timely reports as requested by Senior FSC, Director of Early LIFE Center or LSSNY.
* Ensures absolute confidentiality with respect to information records concerning families and children.
* Performs ongoing recruitment and accurately documents recruitment work.
* Represents Lutheran Social Service of New York’s mission, values, ethics, and upholds agency Code of Conduct at all times.
* HS Diploma or GED.
* Child Development Associate (CDA) certification strongly preferred.
* Experience working in a preschool is required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Bilingual in Spanish a plus
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Able to be an active and involved member of the school program.
* Strong time management skills; able to handle multiple tasks and assignments at once.
* Flexible, available to work some holidays and weekends.
* Proficient with E-mail, Microsoft Word and internet navigation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send all cover letters and resumes to:
Patricia Eckford-Jackson | Peckford-jackson@LSSNY.ORG
Beatrice Hutcherson | Bhutcherson@LSSNY.ORG
[with "Family Services Worker" in the subject line]