Corporate Relations Manager - Boston (year-round, full-time)
- Job posted by The Trustees of Reservations
Summary of Position:
The Trustees is seeking a strategic, energetic, and highly motivated professional to develop and implement a successful Corporate fundraising program, targeting Boston-based companies. As The Trustees’ presence in Boston has expanded over the past decade, so has the opportunity to engage area businesses in our mission. The primary focus of this position is to secure corporate support for The Trustees’ Boston Waterfront Initiative, and the organization’s overall Coastal Strategy. This position requires superior communication and leadership skills, as well as the desire to be part of a team-oriented environment. This is a unique opportunity for a dedicated, entrepreneurial, results-oriented relationship builder to make a significant impact. Reporting to the Director of Institutional Partnerships, the Manager will be responsible for pipeline building, prospect solicitation, and stewardship, all while collaboratively working with internal partners to seek opportunities for broader engagement. Successful candidates will have 7+ years of experience working with corporate funders, and a track record of securing and managing multiple 5- and 6- figure partnerships.
- Work closely with executive leadership, program staff, board members and high-level volunteers to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward new corporate prospects.
- Manage and grow relationships with existing corporate partners.
- Secure funds through corporate philanthropy, event sponsorship, and cause marketing.
- Build relationships with key corporate contacts at all levels of a company to help advance the partnership.
- Organize and manage a Corporate Working Group for senior executives.
- Work with internal teams to develop and implement visibility/communications activities to promote the partnerships.
- Identify workplace volunteer engagement opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 + years of corporate fundraising or sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to meet established goals
- Ability to interact effectively with senior level corporate executives
- Familiarity with Corporate Social Responsibility programs, and deep knowledge of the Boston business community
- Superb writing and oral communication skills with an understanding of the integrated relationship between communications and development
- Highly motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate through multiple levels of an organization and to work collaboratively
- Excellent strategic thinking and strong analytical skills
- Experience with Raisers Edge or other CRM database preferred
Please Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
About The Trustees
The Trustees is an organization with a fascinating past and an exciting future. Our places are open to all and we thrive by involving as many people as possible in what we do. Founded in 1891, by a group of visionary volunteers, we preserve, for public use and enjoyment, properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts and work to protect special places across the state. We have helped protect more than 50,000 acres, including 25,000+ acres on 116 reservations that are all open to the public. We are a nonprofit conservation organization funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and more than 60,000 member households.
The Trustees’ annual operating budget is approximately $32 million, $14 million of which is derived through philanthropy. The Development Department oversees annual giving; major gift and campaign initiatives; legacy giving; stewardship; advancement services; corporate, foundation and government grants; and governance. This is an exciting time in our organization’s 127-year history as we launch a new 5-year strategic plan. As we embark upon our work for the next five years, we embrace our position as the largest conservation and preservation organization in MA, while responding to today’s changing needs of our Commonwealth. As a member of the Development Department, you will join a team-oriented group of passionate professionals who care about the mission of The Trustees.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Trustees of Reservations aim to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of our team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts who are at the core of our mission.
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
The Trustees offers competitive compensation, as well as the opportunity to be part of a dedicated team across the Commonwealth who love the outdoors and the distinctive charms of New England, and who believe in celebrating and protecting our special places, for everyone, forever.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online at The Trustees' website