The Associate Program Consultant contributes to high quality implementation of services to schools and partners mostly in the NYC area, with some northeast regional travel. The Associate Program Consultant co-facilitates professional learning for mentor teachers, and possibly school leaders, and also coaches and develops mentors onsite in their schools via site visits. The Associate Program Consultant also co-consults on program implementation with school leaders and community school district partners, and participates on work teams to contextualize NTC products and services for the New York City area.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
The following is an overview of the duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. The employee may perform other duties as required.
· Present and facilitate a variety of professional development to mentors, coaches and school leaders.
· Shadow and coach instructional mentors in their schools, and consult with school leaders about maximizing outcomes of the partnership.
· Collaborate with senior NTC staff to support school district leaders and stakeholders with program implementation
· Participate on teams to contextualize professional development products and services for NYC
· Co-consult directly with school and district leaders on program implementation and impact
· Embrace NTC Theory of Action and spirit of collaboration and contribute to the ongoing improvement of New Teacher Center programs
Professional Learning Responsibilities
· Participate in collaborative NTC team meetings, both nationally and locally
· Remain current with professional readings and research especially relating to Adult Learning Theory and Common Core State Standards/New Rigorous State Standards
· Ongoing peer collaboration and feedback including the sharing of practice videos
· Engage in formal formative assessment practices
· Develop conference proposals and conduct conference presentations
· Manage personal calendar, travel and job responsibilities
· Learn to use NTC’s on-line systems including: Learning Zone, Collaborate, TALENT, Ascentis, NTC’s Intranet, Netsuite
· Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred
· Minimum 5 years of recent classroom teaching experience in (K-12). Minimum 2 years of mentoring or coaching experience in NTC supported model or equivalent preferred
· Must have had teacher leader experience and/or responsibilities
· Must be experienced with Common Core State Standards
· Demonstrate deep knowledge of using teaching standards (e.g. Danielson) as a formative assessment and teacher development tool
· Demonstrate knowledge of the current educational landscape and priorities in NYCDOE
· Demonstrated commitment to accelerating the learning and impact of early career teachers, and the cultivation of teacher leadership.
· Experience designing and leading professional development for teachers.
· Valid teaching and/or administrative certificate/licensure
· Demonstrate basic knowledge of NTC’s theory of action and induction programs
· Demonstrate basic knowledge of NTC tool and protocols
· Ability to develop and write professional publications, training materials, grants and reports
· Ability to manage one’s time and productivity in a fluid, team oriented, work environment with a high level of initiative, creativity and flexibility
· Demonstrate ability to develop strong relationships and work well within districts and NTC
· Reflective practitioner demonstrating the ability to use feedback to improve self, program and community
· Knowledge of school reform, professional learning communities and the impact of coaching on both entities desirable
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
· General knowledge of Google Apps, Adobe Acrobat, virtual meeting software and experience with assessment data desirable
Minimum Education Required