Project Coordinator for the Maryland Immigrant Legal Assistance Project
- Job posted by Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland
520 West Fayette Street
PROJECT COORDINATOR for MARYLAND IMMIGRANT LEGAL ASSISTANCE PROJECT
The Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland, Inc. (PBRC) is seeking a highly motivated, organized and bright individual who is fluent in Spanish to support the Maryland Immigrant Legal Assistance Project (MILAP). This position will focus on helping immigrants navigate available legal services and resources in Maryland and assisting the Project Manager with coordination of the Project’s services to immigrants.
STATUS: Full-time position through June 30, 2019 (continuation contingent on grant funding). Salary commensurate with experience; excellent benefits.
· Staff in-court and out-of-court legal clinics to assist with registration, intake, obtain necessary client paperwork, manage flow of clients, direct immigrants to additional resources, and support volunteers.
· Conduct brief Know Your Rights presentations and announcements of services in the Baltimore courthouse.
· Track and summarize data related to clients served and effectiveness of legal clinics.
· Share referral information and resources with immigrants who contact PBRC seeking legal help.
· Increase community awareness about relevant resources, including brief legal advice clinics, case placement services and relevant city and state programs and social service resources.
· Work with Project Manager to maintain and develop network of community partners.
· Develop and implement creative outreach strategies that will connect unrepresented immigrants in removal proceedings to available legal services and resources.
· Create outreach materials for volunteer recruitment and translate documents as needed.
· Conduct client follow up and compile data regarding the impact of the MILAP.
· Coordinate and execute interpreter volunteer sign-ups, and assist Project Manager in assessing proficiency of interpreter volunteers.
· Provide support to Project Manager for grant reporting duties as needed.
· Spanish language fluency required.
· Bachelor’s Degree (paralegal or law-related experience preferred).
· Experience in community organizing/activism and/or public outreach.
· Must be available some evenings and weekends when community legal clinics occur. Car necessary.
· Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational and record-keeping skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Access) and Adobe.
· Ability to work well with a variety of people, including other staff, volunteers, clients, public interest organizations, governmental entities, Board members, and donors.
· Experience working with children preferred.
· Strong commitment to helping the community and ensuring equal access to justice.
PBRC is a statewide non-profit organization whose mission is to promote equal access to justice in Maryland by coordinating and supporting volunteer civil legal services, providing resources and support for legal advocates for the poor, and promoting cooperation within the legal community.
Vacation/sick time, competitive salary.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be fluent in SPANISH and English
Minimum Education Required