40 Wall Street
The Recruitment Specialist is responsible for developing and executing effective recruiting strategies to increase awareness and participation in Girl Scouting through a variety of in-‐person meetings, presentations, and networking opportunities with community organizations, corporations, schools, educators, faith-‐based intuitions and other community constituents. She/he is responsible for securing girl and adult volunteer participation through community cultivation, lead generation, and follow-‐up.
· Assists in achieving the council’s goals for girl and adult membership through developing and implementing membership strategies in assigned areas.
· Designs and/or implements a comprehensive plan for girl and adult membership growth in targeted areas by researching market data, membership trends, and other pertinent information.
· Implements membership recruiting marketing strategies outlined in the council’s strategic plan, annual business plan and/or other council goals through cultivation and organization of communities to generate increased girl and volunteer leads.
· Prepares action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made in order to meet membership goal. Prepares a variety of status reports, including activity, follow-‐up, and adherence to goals.
· Collaborates with the Conversion team and utilizes the Salesforce membership database to ensure strategic follow up and targeting.
· Cultivates relationships with appropriate community leaders, organizations, and businesses to support recruitment efforts within targeted areas to positively impact membership growth.
· Mentor and train recruitment volunteers
· Ensures Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scouts message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council.
· Follows up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity in a timely fashion.
· Works with cross-‐functional team to determine or develop innovative techniques to ensure the effective delivery of recruitment strategies.
· Education: Associates Degree in related area required, Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or commensurate experience in Girl Scouting.
Prior sales experience required.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Power Point, Word, and Excel.
One year of experience in Girl Scouting strongly preferred.
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
The Girl Scouts of Greater New York are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this description. Any essential function or requirement of this job will be evaluated as necessary should an incumbent or applicant be unable to perform the function or requirement due to a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodation(s) for the specific disability will be made for the incumbent or applicant when possible.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Inquiries may be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applying for the first time, please include your cover letter and job history. Please include “Administrative Temp (Temporary)” in the subject line of your email.
Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls, please.