Charm City Care Connection (CCCC) works to connect those impacted by drug use in Baltimore City to high-quality healthcare services and address any obstacles that might threaten that connection. All of our work is rooted in dignity, justice, and respect and centers members of affected communities in the planning and programming of our organization. Since our founding in 2010, CCCC has worked within a harm reduction framework by meeting people where they’re at; since 2018, we have increased our harm reduction services to include a syringe services program, naloxone distribution, a drop-in center for people who use drugs and a small housing program.
CCCC encourages a collaborative environment where staff are expected to be proactive in their work and encouraged to actively participate in the improvement of service delivery and the development of programs.
CCCC is seeking an individual with experience in detailed-orientated administrative work. The Operations Coordinator will report to the Operations Manager. This position will be responsible for coordinating all scheduling, inventory, and supplies for our three programs; harm reduction services, operations and supportive services. Working within the Operations Department, this position will support ongoing operational needs, including projects related to data, communications, and donor giving. This is an opportunity for someone who is passionate about harm reduction and social justice and desires to work behind the scene to support services that uphold the dignity, respect, and justice of people who use drugs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (70%)
● Support Operation Manager with data entry, clean-up, and management
● Coordinate logistics and documents for virtual and in-person meetings, events, and manage meeting invitations, document distribution, and record keeping.
● Support the Executive Director on all administrative tasks including but not limited to to donor giving and mailing campaigns
● Collect and print all receipts and financial records for the Operations Manager
● Serve as the initial point of contact (e.g. answer phones, sort and distribute mail, check organization's info account, greet and assist office visitors) and redirect inquiries to staff as needed
● Coordinate all communication; create weekly content (pictures, informational posters), post regularly on all social media platforms,
● Update and maintain website
OFFICE COORDINATION (10%)
● Coordinate with program staff to ensure that they have all supplies needed to maintain operations
● Maintain organized and regular inventory of all office and program supplies
● A minimum of one year of relevant work experience is required. We value many different types of previous experience and take a broad view on what experience is relevant, so please include all previous paid employment in your application.
● Prior experiences in administrative work, unflagging attention to detail, commitment to accuracy, flexibility, and strong organizational skills are highly desirable.
● Proficiency in computer packages including MS Office applications, especially Excel, is required.
● Must be an organized, self-motivated team-player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability and willingness to be hands-on and solve problems as they arise
● Ability to work with diverse communities (gender, sexual orientation,ethnic, age, language, political)
● Ability to master a wide range of information and communicate accordingly
● Excellent communication skills (writing and oral); timely follow up on tasks for staff and supervisor
● We are specifically looking for candidates with an active interest in harm reduction and/or social justice as it pertains to individuals who use drugs and communities impacted by the war on drugs
● Must be committed to working with people who use drugs in a way that affirms dignity and humanity
● Self-motivated to identify and attend professional development training opportunities
● Great attitude and people skills are a must
● Background in communication is a big plus!
TIMELINE AND COMPENSATION
The Office Administrator is a full-time salaried position, ranging from $40-45k, commensurate with qualifications and experience. CCCC offers an excellent benefits package including a medical plan and 240 hours of paid time off per year. CCCC is currently operating 85% remotely. However, as we begin to re-open our office, we anticipate this position will be majority in person.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. CCCC seeks to fill this position by May 2021.
Individuals who have personal experience with drug use or sex work, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and the formerly incarcerated are strongly encouraged to apply.
CCCC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, political belief, marital status, age, sexual orientation, or gender expression. CCCC complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity and Americans with Disabilities Act laws and regulations in the areas of hiring, compensation, benefits and promotion.
Charm City Care Connection (CCCC) works to connect those impacted by drug use in Baltimore City to high-quality healthcare services and address any obstacles that might threaten that connection. All of our work is rooted…
Cover letters encouraged, but not required. Please indicate the position you are applying for at time of submission.