Our team is growing! Homebase is adding a position for an experienced data wonk to join our passionate national team. We offer a competitive salary based on experience, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a 403(b) match, health insurance, and generous PTO. Remote candidates are welcome to apply.
Homebase is a national nonprofit dedicated to the social problem of homelessness. Our mission is to end homelessness, prevent its recurrence, and decrease its effect on communities. We work at the local, state and national levels to support our partners in designing systems and implementing responses to homelessness while fostering collaboration and collective impact in addressing its political and economic causes.
Our work requires acknowledging and addressing the fact that people of color, especially Black and Indigenous people, experience homelessness at dramatically disproportionate rates. Recognizing that this is a result of systemic, intersectional inequities, we believe it is crucial as an organization to promote racial equity and anti-racism throughout our work. We are committed to ensuring equal opportunity and a workplace environment that is diverse, equitable, inclusive, and fosters a sense of belonging for all of our team.
We are seeking a Senior Policy Analyst with extensive experience with data visualization and analysis to support communities nationally to design, implement, and evaluate solutions to homelessness. This is a dynamic position with room to grow at a flexible, fun, and supportive organization, working closely with a diverse team of internal and external partners to increase and effectively deploy resources, provide technical assistance, and leverage evidence-based strategies to end the crisis of homelessness.
· Design and conduct system evaluations, gaps analyses, mapping, models, and forecasts to support communities in more effectively responding to homelessness.
· Create high-quality written, visual, data-informed tools for local and national audiences.
· Utilize mixed-method approaches to develop an evidence base for effective interventions, strategies, and best practices.
· Guide development of data-driven systems to measure performance, evaluate outcomes, identify cross-system usage trends, and support policy solutions to address homelessness.
· Facilitate analysis and integration of data across social sectors, systems and jurisdictions to strengthen service provision and outcomes.
· Develop written reports, trainings, and presentations for diverse audiences to support programs and systems in understanding and leveraging their data to enhance outcomes.
· Provide thought leadership and develop effective relationships across jurisdictions, systems, and sectors to deepen alignment in effectively addressing homelessness.
· Manage a dynamic array of projects and clients with our collaborative team of homeless and supportive housing experts.
Successful candidates ideally possess:
· 5+ years’ experience with quantitative and qualitative analysis, with an expertise in statistical analyses used in social policy research and program evaluation. Experience evaluating homelessness or anti-poverty programs strongly preferred.
· Expertise with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, STATA) and data visualization, including with Tableau, and development of analytics reports for diverse audiences.
· Experience collecting and analyzing datasets from social service systems, including personal identifiable information, and associated privacy restrictions.
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written), including strong public speaking and enthusiasm for breaking down and explaining complex ideas.
· Skilled at cultivating collaborative internal and external partnerships with diverse teammates, clients, and stakeholders from different backgrounds.
· Attention to detail and ability to prioritize and manage multiple ongoing projects under strict deadlines.
· Able to succeed in a warm and supportive team-based environment committed to organizational values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, and embracing anti-racism.
Homebase prefers candidates with:
· Demonstrated commitment to the public interest and passion for addressing homelessness and poverty.
· Experience or degree equivalent to PhD, MPA, MPP, MSW (Policy Analyst) or JD (Staff Attorney); candidates without graduate-level degrees or experience may be considered for Research Associate positions.
· Experience with Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS), state and local governmental agencies and/or housing and homelessness systems and programs preferred but not required.
· Special consideration will be given to applicants with lived experience of housing instability, homelessness, and/or criminal justice involvement, including arrest and conviction records.
To develop transformative solutions to homelessness, Homebase believes in centering the individuals and communities most impacted by its structural causes — including people of color, people with lived experience of poverty, people with disabilities, and those who identify as LGBTQ+ and GNC. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other historically marginalized communities.
We encourage you to apply, even if you are not sure you meet all of these qualifications. You may have knowledge and experiences not specifically listed here that would support our mission, and we would love to see your application!
Our team is growing! Homebase is adding a position for an experienced data wonk to join our passionate national team. We offer a competitive salary based on experience, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a 403(b…
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a 403(b) match, health insurance, and generous PTO. Remote candidates are welcome to apply.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a 403(b) match, health insurance, and generous PTO. Remote candidates are welcome…