120 Post Road West
Horizons National (HN) is looking for a full-time Expansion Team Coordinator to assist both the Expansion and Affiliate Support teams at our national headquarters in Westport, Connecticut.
Horizons National’s mission is to empower low-income students to achieve their potential through long-term academic engagement in a nurturing learning community. (Learn more about Horizons National at: www.horizonsnational.org.)
Having celebrated our 20th anniversary in 2015, Horizons National is embarking on a new strategic plan that envisions accelerated growth – from 52 sites in 2017 to 80 in 2020. This effort requires creating and building systems to enhance communication between the Expansion and Affiliate Support teams.
Horizons National offers a highly professional, yet relaxed and collegial, work environment with a team fully committed to our mission.
Reporting to the Director of Expansion, the full-time Expansion Team Coordinator (ETC) will support Horizons National’s Expansion and Affiliate teams in their multi-year expansion efforts. The ETC will support the Expansion Team – as it researches, cultivates, and secures new affiliates and sites – by creating and maintaining systems for tracking expansion prospects as they transition to Horizons affiliates. The ETC will also provide necessary administrative support to both the Expansion (75%) and Affiliate (25%) teams.
The Expansion Team Coordinator will be self-motivated, detail oriented, demonstrate strong organizational skills, and thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. He/she will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of Salesforce and Hubspot is a plus. BA or BS required.
Our Expansion Team Coordinator will:
Support the Expansion and Affiliate Teams
· Maintain communication and scheduling between Expansion and Affiliate teams
· Coordinate on-boarding of new affiliates, new Executive Directors, and new Board Chairs of existing affiliates, and track status via tracking sheets, individual reminders, and summary reports
· Provide administrative support to Expansion and Affiliate teams
Support the Expansion Team
· Develop and maintain systems for tracking Expansion prospects, Horizons pilots and experiments; oversee and maintain master checklist
· Track site visits for expansion candidates and first year affiliates
· Establish a regional growth map and tools to track regional expansion
· Initiate and maintain expansion candidates and contacts in Salesforce
· Help team identify and research high-need areas and potential host schools/funders
· Manage communication plan for potential expansion candidates, including managing Hubspot distribution lists
· Conduct research and identify key data to help build case for expansion in communities
Support the Affiliate Team
· Oversee/coordinate one-off or other discrete projects related to resource distribution and dissemination to the network
· With HN staff and vendors, assist affiliates managing their affiliate website development
· Handle special projects as identified
· Assist Junior Board
· Manage graduate tracking
· Full-time employment
· Compensation based on experience and qualifications
· Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
· Employer subsidized medical insurance
· After one year of employment: Employer sponsored life insurance and contribution to a 401(K)
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the exact subject line: Expansion Team Coordinator
We respectfully request that you refrain from calling about your application. We will contact you if we see a good fit. Thank you for your interest in Horizons!
Horizons National is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or marital status.
Minimum Education Required